Gym with faulty water fountins is driving me crazy!!!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
15 replies 2.3K views
trinidadonetrinidadone Forumite
3.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
Hello all,

I currently pay monthly Direct Debit to my local gym. The gym has two water fountins. I usually top up my refillable gym flask during a work out. When i tried the first tap, I got no water, strange i thought, and frustrated (I just completed a 40 minute high energy work out and needed water).

I dragged my tired body to tap two, and the water came out in a dribble. I was so ticked. a popular gym and no water?????

I made a little comment to the reception staff as I left, and they passed me a comment card. The girl on the desk said the management was aware and they have had plumbers in every day this week.

I would of thought the gym would of at least popped down to there local supermarket and got some water for us gym workout gods???

Any comments
Trinidad - The hottest place to go

Replies

• Id message them on facebook too - lately I find it seems to help as its all open. They should at least let you use another tap or get a big bottle water thing in the meantime
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • trinidadonetrinidadone Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id message them on facebook too - lately I find it seems to help as its all open. They should at least let you use another tap or get a big bottle water thing in the meantime[/QUOTE

exactly, hows the weight lost going?
  • Slow and steady, but if it helps me keep it off I'm all for it (it's definately going to be a whole of life style change though, don't want to go back to step one again)
    3.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slow and steady, but if it helps me keep it off I'm all for it (it's definately going to be a whole of life style change though, don't want to go back to step one again)

how have you managed it? i have done a stone, and it has killed me :)
  • Do they have a legal obligation to provide you with direct access to drinking water? (and if they do, are you unable to ask at the desk for a cup of drinking water from a tap they use?)
  • how have you managed it? i have done a stone, and it has killed me :)

Lately the gym and swimming and cutting meals down. I never lose weight unless I do loads of exercise. Just needing to keep going as Id like to get another stone off for Christmas. Plus just drinking water and cutting most sugar out. My friend told me about james duigans book about clean eating and it's so true.
    3.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    what is that book?
  • http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clean-Lean-Diet-Bestselling-Achieving/dp/0857831704/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439761733&sr=8-1&keywords=James+duigan
    My friend recommended it me the other year, I keep reading it on and off but basically says to cut sugar out and eat clean. It's really good though
    3.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds good. in regards to the gym and swim, i am interested in know more what you do?
  • This week I've swam 1.5km once (keep aiming for 2km - managed it once but it's all due to me rushing to work afterwards). At the gym I had an induction a while ago and the said to burn fat you need to do everything in intervals. So I do 40 seconds rowing with 20 second slow rowing then do it again 10 times. Cycling I just aim for 10km within half hour but I do do the incline up and down one like a hill. Treadmill I do between 15 and 25 minutes. Generally run for a song on 10 kph I think it is then walk on about 6 then start again. Managed 2km in 16 minutes today so feel fitter. On the weights I do this one that's like rowing, pushing one and one that's like a bar and needs to be pulled down then hold then goes up (I don't know the name of it mind). Then leg press. He said to do it twice so I've started doing it after rowing then again after the treadmill (I've started doing treadmill first as I burn myself out with the cycling). I've done leg curls in the past and if I stagnate then I might ask for advice as they seem ok, just don't want to go into paying for personal training yet if I can keep getting it off slowly. Also went to my Aqua class this week which I do enjoy but I don't think it burns anything mind, I just enjoy going. Plus went to dance fit Thursday.

What about you?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

PCR tests to end for fully vaccinated

Travellers returning to England in Oct

MSE News

Free Homebuilding & Renovating Show tix

London, Harrogate & Shepton Mallet

MSE Deals