New Post Advanced Search

Harringtons Advisory???

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
139 replies 111.5K views

Replies

• rabbarrabbar Forumite
    4 posts
    basialo wrote: »
    Every time I hear something else, firstly that only 39% will be charge, then after few phone calls after I signed suddenly there was 20% vat on top. they said 8-12 weeks to receive outcome, that time passed, then they said to me there is another stage for another 8-12 weeks. I was not aware of that either.
    I have asked them to stop acting on my behalf, as clearly they can't get anything, but they said I will pay £250 per claim to cancel (also not mentioned on their T&C's, but I have been told, that this is their charge. Can they charge me that if it doesn't mention even on their terms and conditions?

Can you post or pm a copy of the t&c's you have were given by Harrington's please.
  • edited 1 August 2015 at 3:34PM
    FinancialFredFinancialFred Forumite
    1 posts
    edited 1 August 2015 at 3:34PM
    The Director/Owner of Harringtons Advisory is Ibrar Akbar he's only 28 and drives a brand new Ferrari i know somebody who used to work for him that left as they couldn't stand making a foreigner even richer whist they struggled.

Has his fingers in many pies by the looks of things being the director of seven companies according to online company/director search. Not sure how he's making any money at Harringtons Advisory though if clients claims are not being handled properly and it's taking so long to deal with them,although i guess that once clients are signed up they are stuck with them no matter how long it takes to deal with their claims and with 39% +VAT fees and also cancellation fees Mr Akbar can afford to wait.
  • basialo wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I have a little issue I need an advise on please from anyone in the same situation. I have been silly enough to sign up with the company above. They promised 8 weeks turn around for my PPI refund and to cut the story short, their communication is pretty much non existent. I just called them, placed a complaint, as it has crossed 2 months now and they claiming that the banks didn't respond yet. Other companies have 2 - 3 weeks turn around, so I said that it is not my business and it is their job to provide the services they promised. however I asked to stop the claim and waiting for a response from manager now. I just wanted to know whether someone is in the same situation or may have some advice for me? After the call with them, I also sent everything on email to have it "on record" and forwarded the email also to Financial ombudsman with a complaint...
    Any advise would be much appreciated..
    Thank you
    B.
    Hi, I have been waiting 4 months up to now, everytime i phone up they tell me no update from bank, still waiting. If i don't phone they never call me and if I email they NEVER reply. I was wondering if you got sorted out with harringtons advisory as i noticed yours was october 2014.
  • Or some database they have illegally got hold of.

More like the above post and the cold callers do not keep 20% either and are paid a basic wage together with commissions from any new clients signed up.
  • Hi,
    I was just wondering if you have heard anything from Harringtons Advisery by now? The reason i am asking is because i put a claim in early april and still heard nothing. I have emailed and emailed and only get the update " not heard anything" when i call them. I do know people that had a good turnaround with this company but i have also been told by someone who works their (off the record) that they are stopping dealing with some banks as they are not getting responses back. I have just sent another email asking this question but not holding out for a honest answer, if any! I will feel better if I know people on here have had a positive outcome. When i do speak to an advisor at Harringtons i get told there is more claims than mine waiting.
    Thanks
  • magpiecottagemagpiecottage
    9.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are not happy with the service you are receiving you can put in a complaint.

If you hare not happy with the response to the complaint you can go to the Legal Ombudsman.
  • Looking for a bit of advice. My sister has Alzheimer's disease and I have power of attorney for her (continuing and welfare). Some time ago, unknown to me my sister agreed to have papers sent to her by Harringtons Advisory, although, thankfully, because of her condition, she never returned the papers to them. She is receiving repeated telephone calls from this firm asking her to return the forms. I have answered three of these calls and in each case informed the caller of her condition, of the fact that I am dealing with her affairs and asking them to ensure that they do not call her in the future. On the last of these contacts (yesterday afternoon) the caller (male) was aggressive, bullying and rude and would not accept our request that no more calls be made to us on the subject. I intend to write to Harringtons Advisory to complain about this treatment, but wondered if anyone could give me any pointers as to how the letter should be phrased to have maximum effect. Many thanks
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    101.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    She is receiving repeated telephone calls from this firm asking her to return the forms. I have answered three of these calls and in each case informed the caller of her condition, of the fact that I am dealing with her affairs and asking them to ensure that they do not call her in the future.

Report them to the legal ombudsman and also send a message to the daily mail.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • magpiecottagemagpiecottage
    9.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make a formal complaint of harassment to [email protected]

Demand they pay compensation and undertake to cease any further communication.

They have 8 weeks from the date of your complaint to respond.

If the response is not satisfactory, then go to the Legal Ombudsman.
  • Legal_OmbudsmanLegal_Ombudsman Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    79 posts
    Susannah92 wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advice. My sister has Alzheimer's disease and I have power of attorney for her (continuing and welfare). Some time ago, unknown to me my sister agreed to have papers sent to her by Harringtons Advisory, although, thankfully, because of her condition, she never returned the papers to them. She is receiving repeated telephone calls from this firm asking her to return the forms. I have answered three of these calls and in each case informed the caller of her condition, of the fact that I am dealing with her affairs and asking them to ensure that they do not call her in the future. On the last of these contacts (yesterday afternoon) the caller (male) was aggressive, bullying and rude and would not accept our request that no more calls be made to us on the subject. I intend to write to Harringtons Advisory to complain about this treatment, but wondered if anyone could give me any pointers as to how the letter should be phrased to have maximum effect. Many thanks

If you need any help or guidance on writing a complaint then feel free to give us a call and we can talk you through the steps - tel: 0300 555 0333
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official organisation representative of the Legal Ombudsman service. MSE has given permission for me to post. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected]"