MSE News: Five Tesco tricks as it launches new double-up

Tesco's relaunching its redeem at double value scheme, this time including Tesco Direct (its Argos catalogue equivalent)...
Read the full story:

Five Tesco tricks as it launches new double-up

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• EctophileEctophile Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I haven't got the letter yet, but I confidently predict that this season's double-up offers will be for:
    • Things that I don't want, or
    • Things that I don't need.
    I have an ever-increasing pile of Clubcard vouchers that I've been saving up in the vain hope that I may one day get a deal on something useful to me.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • Never buy the Tefal Fresh food processor.

For daily quantities, it's quicker to chop with a knife.

It's only when you are cooking of ten, that it might be justified.
    Even then, it's not very good at chopping celery, which is what I mainly want to do.
  • Ectophile wrote: »
    I haven't got the letter yet, but I confidently predict that this season's double-up offers will be for:- Things that I don't want, or Things that I don't need.
    I have an ever-increasing pile of Clubcard vouchers that I've been saving up in the vain hope that I may one day get a deal on something useful to me.

I've no idea what they will be in-store, but on-line i.e. Tesco Direct is getting more near everything (supplied by Tesco - excludes 3rd parties). For example there was a CD I could have 'boosted', but I boosted my (small amount) vouchers on Cuprinol Fence treatment.

However, if you have a pile of vouchers, always make sure the oldest is on top - reduces the likelihood of any expiring!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Found long-lost vouchers... and they'd expired. Thought I'd phone Clubcard "Contact us", just in case reclaim possible. If I've understood a very nice young lady correctly, a .jpg scan of the expired vouchers, sent to [email protected], gets them re-credited - initially as points, then (eventually) reconverted back to vouchers. If correct, expired vouchers, clutched in your hands, can ALSO still be used. Fingers crossed!
  • InASpin wrote: »
    Found long-lost vouchers... and they'd expired. Thought I'd phone Clubcard "Contact us", just in case reclaim possible. If I've understood a very nice young lady correctly, a .jpg scan of the expired vouchers, sent to [EMAIL="clubcard@tesco.co.uk"][email protected][/EMAIL], gets them re-credited - initially as points, then (eventually) reconverted back to vouchers. If correct, expired vouchers, clutched in your hands, can ALSO still be used. Fingers crossed!

It will depend on how old the 'expired vouchers are as to how much can be done with them. I'm surprised you were given the option of emailing them copies, I would have expected them to ask you to post them.
    And, if you are saving vouchers keep them oldest on top - re-crediting this this - is a 'one-off' per person.
    But you can't literally speaking do anything with expired vouchers, they have to go through the process, of re-crediting first.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • edited 2 September 2015 at 9:54AM
    Whatty_2Whatty_2 Forumite
    4 Posts
    edited 2 September 2015 at 9:54AM
    You can view, manage, spend or print your vouchers on line. just register your Clubcard at Tesco.com and you don't need to worry about where you left the paper vouchers or keeping them in order.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides