The Happiness Fund.

edited 18 July 2020 at 5:15PM in How much have you saved?
3.8K replies 306.1K views

Replies

• savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's lovely and sunny outside but v breezy. Impossible to mark at the moment. I am watching catch up tv. Will work later.

I have ordered some petunia seeds for garden cost £1.98 I am trying not to spend wastefully (last of the big spenders that's me!!). :rotfl:
    Try to have a minimal spend year in 2021
    Saving change in money box.
    16K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is sunny outside, but a little chilly.

I am going back to work tomorrow after a really good break. Time to smarten up my budget so I don't waste so much. Here is the latest plan:

I am going to give myself only £10 a week to spend on nice things like tea at work. I will take sandwiches in to save money. A few times I forgot to make sandwiches and I had to pay a fair bit for lunch. I will make sandwiches every night before bed. (yuk worst job in the world).

I might nip to shops now as fridge is empty.
  • AesopAesop Forumite
    23.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a microwave at work hun?

Why not part bake a jacket potato and finish it at work and then put a filling in?

Better than sandwiches everyday. I get bored of sandwiches. Buy a food flask and you can put hot food in and itbstays hot
    Make upto £10 a day - September 2020 £106.56

Make upto £10 a day - best thread ever. :A

Back to make money in the new Covid19 2020 as we are going to need it!
  • AesopAesop Forumite
    23.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until lunchtime. Things like sausage cassrole, soup etc.

Sorry on phone and wouldn't let me finish post.

Take salads too with fruit.
    Make upto £10 a day - September 2020 £106.56

Make upto £10 a day - best thread ever. :A

Back to make money in the new Covid19 2020 as we are going to need it!
    16K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely food shop done at a v good price £18.00 for the week. Might need some more fruit by end of week though.

Walked to and from supermarket (saving £5 bus fare).

Hey Aesop, we don't have a microwave. I take in sarnies and sometimes salad. I picked up some bargain figs, lamb and lots of whoopsie goodies!

Lovely walk and it has kept me fit and cheered me up.
  • I need to start walking to the supermarkets too! It would save on fuel, help me get fit and stop me buying too much as i can't carry it all! Win Win

I hate making sandwiches for work! I always forget :(
    Comp Wins on Twitter to Date: 20 Prizes!
    £2015 in 2015: £2193 :j
    £2016 in 2016: £2135.14
    Savings Fund : £2100/£10,000
  • edited 19 April 2015 at 7:49PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 April 2015 at 7:49PM
    Crazykitten now I know there are two of us in the same boat I feel a bit better. Here's to making lunches. I do it most of the time. Just think how much we can save.

Heatwave predicted. Bet it is going to be too hot to work tomorrow. Summer is nearly here hooooray. Reckon I have a couple of months till the summer holiday and then Operation Garden Restore begins. Sooooo excited. No marking done today. Am just chilling.

Just tried to put my unused lipsticks on fleabay but it seemed a bit slow to make the advert so I have called it a day. Maybe I will leave it to summer holidays when everything is a bit quieter. I reckon I have at least 5 lipsticks that were v expensive costing up to £25 each but I will sell them cheap like for £6 so I make some money.

OMG! Just checked HSBC set up a 6% account for me. This is where I am putting the kitchen fund from now on. It matures in one year. I cannot withdraw any money so I will be rich at the end. Hurrah.

Just did a calculation I spend £528 a year on Virgin. I have paid more than this in previous years and I have been with the Company for 16 years. I have just kissed a goodbye to £8500. That would have paid for a v adequate kitchen. Right, I am giving it up for good when my contract is up for renewal in May. I must be ruthless, I must be ruthless....
    16K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First day back. Not too bad really. A looooong day though. Took a drink in and I had finished it by 10am! Had to buy tea. Then although I made lunch I didn't take it in as I was told that I wouldn't be needed this afternoon. I was needed, and had to spend a fortune on food, £4.00 in fact.

I have £6.00 till the end of the week and that is it. Serves me right for being so stupid. From now on I will always make sarnies and more importantly, take them in! :rotfl:

Cleared some damp out of one of my rooms after work. Tired but happy. Roll on the weekend.

Reckon I might get a bit of overtime this summer as I have done loads of extra hours. I wont spend it but use it for my savings towards kitchen. Hurrah. :j :jAm not sure how much I will get but v excited about it in advance. :money:
  • 3Dogs3Dogs Forumite
    14.1K Posts
    Hello sweetie,

graphics-dogs-420158.gif
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • edited 21 April 2015 at 7:23AM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 April 2015 at 7:23AM
    Hello missus!!!!!!

I woke up early to knock up some work! lovely picture of doggie. Hope you are recovered from your travels? Think of the summer and the fun we will have. 3Dogs is fab at designing rooms. She has shifted furniture and made my upstairs look v spacious. Plus she is rather marvellous at everything and a fab friend (actually more family than friend). :beer:

Weather not warm yet but it should pick up in a bit hopefully. :D