IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Additional Guidance NTK Received

edited 31 March 2015 at 4:14PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
16 replies 787 views
2»

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    well done

looks like HIGHVIEW and SMART parking have both recently decided to ignore the mandatory "giving out a popla code" with rejections which is strange since they were told about this more than once by the BPA over the last 16 months

it seems to be a common practice with some of these companies (like ANPR and JAS) they they do anything to avoid giving out popla codes with rejections, preferring to send it straight to debt recovery
  • Yeah I don't think BPA were too impressed to be honest
  • edited 16 April 2015 at 10:42AM
    Dr._ShoeDr._Shoe Forumite
    563 Posts
    edited 16 April 2015 at 10:42AM
    I'm wondering if another paragraph ought to be added to the template letter reminding the CPC of their obligations to either cancel the charge or to issue a POPLA code? Something like:
    I would at this point like to remind you of your mandatory obligations under POFA 2012 in that you are required to either issue a POPLA code, so that I can take this matter to an independant appeal, or to cancel the charge. I am also aware of the fact that you have no legal right to the name or any other detail relating to the driver at the time of the alleged offence and any such request will be ignored.
    I'm thinking that this might be enough to get the charge cancelled on its own in that it shows that you know the law! :D
  • edited 16 April 2015 at 10:55AM
    bod1467bod1467
    15.2K Posts
    edited 16 April 2015 at 10:55AM
    POFA 2012 does not compel an independent appeal. I believe the guidance notes do (recommend this), as does the BPA code of practice, but not the legislation itself.

But I agree it would be worth including a reminder about an independent appeals code. (Earlier incarnations of the appeal template used to do this).
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    always worth noting that popla isnt the only appeals system (unfortunately) , so that is why the IAS would be used where its NOT popla
  • Ralph-yRalph-y Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    well done :j

now let the Government know all about this shoddy practice

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/418725/Parking_Discussion_Paper_FINAL.pdf

Ralph:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides