Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families

What early pregnancy symptoms did you have and when?

New Post Advanced Search

What early pregnancy symptoms did you have and when?

24 replies 12.7K views
ellie1788ellie1788 Forumite
111 posts
I am probably making myself worry and imagining things, so I'm just wondering how early you had pregnancy symptoms and what they where?

When I was pregnant with my LG I knew from about 4dpo and had tender breasts from about 1 week, even before +ve tests.
I had unprotected sex with my partner 2 days ago, I am on the pill but missed a couple as I forgot them while I was away. I havnt been able to get the MAP as I have been away and in work.

This month will probably feel like a very long month, so looking for distractions/advice.
Aims for 2014
Win £2014 worth of prizes = £0/£2014
"sealed pot challange" #292

Replies

• Thank you Claire_A87 I understand that it might be upsetting for some people but it wasn't meant to be hurtful. I do understand that It can be difficult for some people to TTC, and I wouldn't set out to upset them.

I am simply asking for advise and opinions just like anyone else posting on here.
    Aims for 2014
  • Random acts of puking which after I found out I was preg fell into place suddenly. That was probably a month in though at least.
    **Debt Free as of 15:55 on Friday 23rd March 2012**And I am staying that way
    377 166million Sealed Pot Challenge 2018 :staradmin No. 90: Emergency fund £637
    My debt free diary http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3630099
  • browneyedbazzibrowneyedbazzi Forumite
    3.4K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    The really early symptoms of pregnancy (sore boobs etc) are generally the same as those you may experience in the days leading up to your period, so experiencing a symptom can be due to pregnancy or your impeding period. I think trying to read the symptoms (whether you are hoping to be pregnant or hoping not to be) is generally not very helpful. You're better off waiting and doing a test.

Do you know where in your cycle you were when you had unprotected sex? That may have a big impact on whether or not a pregnancy is likely.
    Common sense?...There's nothing common about sense!
  • comeandgocomeandgo Forumite
    4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I felt sick before I missed my period with all my pregnancies. I had bad morning sickness and it always started so quickly. I remember going to the doctor for my six week check up after having miscarried and telling him I thought I was pregnant and he dismissed this but four weeks later went back and I was and had been then.
  • Do you know where in your cycle you were when you had unprotected sex? That may have a big impact on whether or not a pregnancy is likely.

I had sex on day 10, but don't know when I ovulate. I have an app to track and apparently have 17 days till my next period is due.
    Aims for 2014
  • Person_one wrote: »
    I think it might be better if you delete this post.

Done - very typical of me to be accidentally offensive whilst trying to be the opposite :o - I've just seen how these posts can be jumped on & taken in the wrong direction, & didn't want that for the OP. Sorry OP! It very genuinely wasn't a dig at you.

For me, I got out of breath tying my shoe laces one morning! Then the next day my head just felt strange, I don't know how else to describe it other than my neck didn't feel strong enough to support my skull. Weird I know!
    DS - 08/15

OU: BA (Hons) Open, 1

• Person_onePerson_one Forumite
    28.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Claire_A87 wrote: »
    Done - very typical of me to be accidentally offeensive whilst trying to be the opposite :o - I've just seen how these posts can be jumped on & taken in the wrong direction, & didn't want that for the OP. Sorry OP! It very genuinely wasn't a dig at you.

For me, I got out of breath tying my shoe laces one morning! Then the next day my head just felt strange, I don't know how else to describe it other than my neck didn't feel strong enough to support my skull. Weird I know!

Don't worry, no offence was meant, sometimes its just hard to see a situation from 'the other side'. Thanks for sorting it.
  • Claire_A87 wrote: »
    Done - very typical of me to be accidentally offensive whilst trying to be the opposite :o - I've just seen how these posts can be jumped on & taken in the wrong direction, & didn't want that for the OP. Sorry OP! It very genuinely wasn't a dig at you.

Don't worry I didn't take it that way, I know how it is hard to express the way you are trying to say something when its all just typed out.
    Aims for 2014
  • VikipollardVikipollard Forumite
    735 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    I had severe afternoon/evening nausea (never morning sickness) and extreme tiredness from just over 2 weeks after conception (so when my period would have been due). DS1 born 24 years ago.

I used to start to feel sick from 3pm until I went to bed - but (possibly fortunately) I was so tired that I'd literally zonk out on the sofa as soon as I'd done tea and sleep until bed time (then all night).

Oh, and the only things I could face eating after 3pm were jacket potatoes and boiled eggs (not necessarily at the same time!).

Following year, same feelings - without the luxury of sleeping all evening lol. But I learned to eat something at 2.45pm as the nausea was really hunger! DS2 is now 23....
    LBM July 2006. Debt free 01 Sept 12 .. :T
    Finally joined Slimming World: weight loss 33lbs...target achieved 51wks later 06.05.13 & still there :j
    Aim to be mortgage free in 2022. Jan 17 33250 Nov 17 27066 Mar 18 24498 Sep 18 20608 Nov 18 19250 Jan 19 17980 Mar 19 16455 May 19 15024 Nov 19 10488 Feb 20 8150 May 20 5783 Aug 20. 3305 Nov 20 859 Mortgage free, 02.12.2020
  • bagbybagby Forumite
    801 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Really tired everything felt like an effort. I used to walk daughter to school and remember that being such an effort when usually I am quite active. After first eight weeks everything ok.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support