Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families» Deaths, Funerals & Probate

MIL funeral, but FIL won't allow my children to attend - Page 22

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

MIL funeral, but FIL won't allow my children to attend

edited 7 January 2015 at 7:33PM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
211 replies 22.6K views
1161718192022»

Replies

• edited 9 January 2015 at 5:53PM
    SpendlessSpendless Forumite
    21.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 January 2015 at 5:53PM
    The OP didn't feel comfortable with an earlier suggestion of taking the kids and leaving them at the cinema whilst the adults go to the funeral. (which is the option I'd have probably gone for having similar aged kids) so I don't think she's going to be comfortable leaving the kids for several hours when it's possibly the first time they'd be left in such a way.

It's irrelevant if we leave our own kids (or used to).I have no issues leaving my 14yo and have done in a similar manner, though it wasn't intended when our car broke down 40 miles from home and we awaited hours for recovery. I rang my parents to collect 11yo as I was aware that our intended eta home would be fine, but not hours later for her. I make this judgement call based on what I know about my kids,their capabilities and their interaction with each other.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support