Forget-me-not care.

danniedannie Forumite
2.1K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I have quite a lot of these plants and some of their leaves are partly black, brown or yellow. Would you agree they have black spot disease? I have been cutting out these "affected" leaves and have made a homemade fungicide for them. However, now that it has become frosty and the number of plants are many, do you think it will be best to finish this task in spring? Also, thinking of dividing them next year too.

Thanks.

Replies

• Linda32Linda32 Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats normal at this time of year. There really isn't anything wrong with them. They will be fine during the winter and will flower in the spring. No need to divide just leave them be. :D

HTH
  • danniedannie Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Linda32 for your reply. I had been wondering if it was unnecessary; didn't want to cause "more harm than good" plus all the work involved.
  • peaceandfreedompeaceandfreedom Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    dannie wrote: »
    Thanks Linda32 for your reply. I had been wondering if it was unnecessary; didn't want to cause "more harm than good" plus all the work involved.

I rip out all the dead forget-me-not plants in the Autumn/Winter and the place is always inundated with them in Spring. They self-seed like crazy and in my experience, need no care or time spent on them at all. Apart from removing them from places you never intended them to grow. :)
  • danniedannie Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply peaceandfreedom. I expect that some of my mine will have self-seeded too. However, I have decided to leave them where they are until next Spring.
  • TonyMMMTonyMMM Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I rip out all the dead forget-me-not plants in the Autumn/Winter and the place is always inundated with them in Spring. They self-seed like crazy and in my experience, need no care or time spent on them at all. Apart from removing them from places you never intended them to grow. :)

I agree with the above - they grow all over the place like weeds , just pull up those you don't want.
  • danniedannie Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay thanks TonyMMM, will consider this if they begin to take up too much land but really don't mind these weeds.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS