MSE News: Get double points at Sainsbury's, but you'll have to act fast

13»

Replies

• TravellingAbuelaTravellingAbuela Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had no problems yesterday doubling up £10 worth of points for a £20 clothing voucher. There were two people on the cs desk and no queues. All very civilised. Treat myself to 2 t-shirt bras and a pair of "ballet" style shoes. I usually save my points up and use in Argos but this was a better option. Unfortunately, as I don't shop in Sainsbury's as often these days, my points take forever to mount up.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • mumpsmumps Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    I used £20 worth of points to get a £40 clothes voucher and bought some pyjamas, always get new ones for grandchildren at Christmas. Also spent another £40 voucher in electricals and got a smoothie maker for DDs Christmas present and two new ink cartridges for my printer. I was really pleased with what I got and am thinking of spending the rest of my points on cards/wrapping paper and some photo frames that I could do with. Need to make my mind up.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • nafan wrote: »
    Just tried again to buy something for 19.99 with a £20 coupon, it wouldn't go through, a nice girl came over and suggested she can scan a packet of batteries and then take it off again

im gutted now though, i just received an email from ebay, if you spend you spend your nectar points there you get 50% of the points back until 23 nov

Exactly the same thing happened to me "19.99 item and could not use 20 voucher ended up buying batteries " the cheapest batteries I could find where £3.49."
    Thanks for posting about ebay I too received this email a few days ago but I thought it meant I would get back half the points I earnt NOT SPENT.
    I quickly rushed over to the eBay site @11.20 pm to buy some cds I had in my basket, only to find out the minimum spend for this offer is £10.00 (My cds are worth a fiver "there mixtapes hence cheapness") scrapped that idea.
    So I will be back to sainsbury's tomorrow to get some more ttd wine because the tu clothing will more than likely be reduced in a few weeks anyway and the ttd wine I bought on the double previously are still on offer.
    Unfortunately the 19.99 electrical item was faulty so had to get refund (on the plus side on my receipt was £30 worth of items i paid in cash , so the cashier just saw cash at the bottom of my receipt and handed me £20 note ' he asked me if i had 1p ' & I gave him the penny'
    (& b4 anyone starts going on at me about being dishonest/stealing ) i want to clarify, he never asked me if I got item on double up, or whether I paid cash! He just asked me for the penny and I gave it to him in exchange for the £20 note.
    I may not be the brightest star in the sky but I still shine. Please be gentle :p
  • Apologies if this is posted elsewhere. Currently Sainsburys are offering 2500 free nectar points if you complete four £40 shops before 6th December (this was on a till spit). Not sure if this applies to all customers.

I doubled up my nectar points for £40 of vouchers to spend and this spend (although in vouchers) worked to give me my 4th shop. I then got the 2500 points added on at customer services (they go on automatically with your next purchase) and doubled them up again - they were worth £15 so got £30 more in vouchers to go and spend.

This was in Sainsburys Kinross, Scotland. :j
  • katastrophykatastrophy Forumite
    241 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Hello

I don't suppose anyone knows if doubled up points can be used on offers? There are some taste the difference wines at 2 for £12 that I am tempted buy but I don't want to get to the till to find it's not allowed. I've read the T&Cs but can't find anything that seems to disallow it?

Cheers

Kat
  • bylromarhabylromarha Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Yes, you can use this on offers in store.

I had £95 something of points. I doubled up £20points to £40 on electricals, £15 to £30 voucher on home.

I got a glass serving bowl (£10 reduced to £5), cookie cutters £4.50, cutlery set £20, latte spoons £5 with the home voucher and £4.50 cash and Bosch food processor £100, reduced from £149.99, with £40 voucher and remaining £60 points.

Empty Nectar card, but happy Byl!
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • browneyedbazzibrowneyedbazzi Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had £55 worth of nectar points - I doubled up £20 to £40 on clothing and got some bits that I need and then another £10 to £20 on electrical and I bought a food processor that was reduced to clear for £18

http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/HR7627_01/daily-collection-650-w-2-speeds-plus-pulse-2.1-l-bowl-accessories-for-plus-15-functions

Very impressed with this (and a string of fairy lights to make it up to the £20) for what would have been £10 worth of points!

The only little annoyance was the £20 to £40 limit on clothing as there were a couple of other things I would have bought if I could have had a higher value voucher.
    Common sense?...There's nothing common about sense!
  • edited 26 November 2014 at 1:36AM
    bugwomanbugwoman Forumite
    32 Posts
    edited 26 November 2014 at 1:36AM
    It worked beautifully for me. I have masses of Nectar points, mostly acquired through ebay (furnishing the house with 2nd hand stuff) and got a £40 voucher for wines, which effectively bought me 6 bottles of Coolwater NZ Sauvignon Blanc for £3.20 - paid for out of the change I found down the back of the sofa that morning :-)
    I then got another £40 voucher for electricals, which I used in conjunction with a £9 off a £60 shop voucher I'd been sent - and the 'double points with your next shop' voucher I was given when getting the first double-up voucher - to get a TV priced at £149 for £100 (or £99 if you count the 1% cashback from Santander) to replace a very old analogue one that pre-dated remote controls.
    Thanks MSE - I wouldn't have known about the event if I hadn't happened to visit this website last week!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News