Forum Home» Phones & TV

MSE News: Talk Talk customers to be hit with price hikes - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

MSE News: Talk Talk customers to be hit with price hikes

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Phones & TV
67 replies 11.5K views

Replies

• Doc_NDoc_N Forumite
    7.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a look on Martin's post about the Post office phone deal and he says you can, also I phoned them now and they confirmed you can
    However the 5.75 anytime per month is a cracking deal including UK mobiles and some international calls all for the same bundle
    Have a look at the pricing area for more information

Also regarding the Post Office Cashback.......'phone packages bit'
    Send mail and more with the Post Office. Buy car and other insurance, as well as broadband, currency and phone packages, and earn cashback rewards.arding the cashback here is what it says on Topcashback

However if you phone them you can get three months free for changing on the phone.I will see on Saturday if they accept the value line rental at 120.00 and give Mum 15 months or have to join that close to the end of the three free months(Hopefully they don't jump up the price by then)

Thanks - please feed back. :)
  • edited 6 November 2014 at 12:01PM
    oldharryrocksoldharryrocks Forumite
    533 posts
    edited 6 November 2014 at 12:01PM
    Doc_N wrote: »
    I'm trying to get a clear answer from them on the override point - it's pretty important.

Dont hold your breath about the indirect access override lasting. Also note 18185/1899/18866 no longer allow access to any of the 03 numbering range.

Only BT had to offer it, and even they now no longer have to since last year.
    http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/nmr-13/statement/statement-summary
  • Got notification of my TT increase by email this morning. Now to decide whether to leave and where to go, possibly Plusnet with the £75 cashback.
  • It's strange how things happen. Last night I contacted Talk Talk about joining them and signed up for a deal including Plus TV, unlimited broadband and telephone with anytime calls for £9.25 a month for 12 months. As soon as I had done this and everything had gone through I received an email from my current supplier - AOL - telling me that my current package was going up by £5 a month. I had my telephone rental and anytime with BT and over the course of the year it was costing me £555.82 for BT phone calls and AOL broadband. Now bringing it all under one banner - which is guaranteed at that price for 12 months I'm saving £244.42. Not bad for having spent a couple of hours on the Internet wading through everything. Personally I'd recommend checking out the online deals before calling any provider and would also avoid paying up front if you can because paying upfront often leaves you tied to the provider in fear of not getting a refund back - which some of them are actually doing!
  • markymidsmarkymids Forumite
    25 posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    Got my email this morning. Does anyone know if you can ring up and ask to be switched to a different package if you are in a contract? I know you have 30 days to cancel the contract, but I don't really want to cancel I just want to switch from the Plus package to Simply Broadband.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • maggieconmaggiecon Forumite
    406 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    I joined TalkTalk in July due to their value saver line rental, I paid for my first month via DD and in august went to pay for the full year line rental to get the saving and the offer was gone. Then I thought at least I get a 15% discount if I pay within 24 hours. this has now been reduced to 10% and now today I get an email saying my line rental is going up!!

When I cost compared all the broadband providers in July I choose TalkTalk due to their cheap line rental offer. I feel completely ripped off.

I read in the news article that I can change my provider is this correct?
  • markymids wrote: »
    Got my email this morning. Does anyone know if you can ring up and ask to be switched to a different package if you are in a contract? I know you have 30 days to cancel the contract, but I don't really want to cancel I just want to switch from the Plus package to Simply Broadband.
    You're entitled to cancel so they should bite your hand off if you're willing to stay. I'd try enquiring about the process for switching elsewhere and see what you're offered.
  • maggiecon wrote: »
    I read in the news article that I can change my provider is this correct?

Yes, the email from TT reads:

"If you'd like to change or cancel your package without charge, get in touch with us within 30 days and we'll be happy to help you."
  • maggieconmaggiecon Forumite
    406 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    I went on the online chat with them, this afternoon, spent an hour and a half trying to get something sorted. They offered me a reduction of £1.75 on my broadband and £5 on my fibre for 12 months. I currently pay £27.70 per month but the girl tried to tell me with the discount I would be paying £23.45 per month. I kept arguing with her that her maths was wrong, but the chat session timed out. Now I have to go and try it all over again!!
  • edited 8 November 2014 at 3:08PM
    markymidsmarkymids Forumite
    25 posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    edited 8 November 2014 at 3:08PM
    That was easy, they have now changed me from Plus to Simply Broadband, here's the chat transcript I just had, only took 10 minutes :)

**REMOVED**
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support