MSE News: Petrol prices to fall again at three major supermarkets

in Motoring
64 replies 6.1K views
If you're planning on filling up your car with petrol, wait until tomorrow at Asda or Sainsbury's as they cut prices ...
Read the full story:

Petrol prices to fall again at three major supermarkets

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• PincherPincher
    6.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really are milking it. Drop 1p every two weeks could go on till Christmas.
  • Yawn. Can you stop posting this non news.

Nobody give two hoots.
  • TotalityTotality Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Pincher wrote: »
    They really are milking it. Drop 1p every two weeks could go on till Christmas.

"They" being the supermarkets or MSE for ALWAYS posting this (as already pointed out) non news? ;)
  • reduxredux Forumite
    22.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im-lost wrote: »
    Yawn. Can you stop posting this non news.

Nobody give two hoots.

It's a slight improvement.

They left out the by now very boring cliche about sparking a new fuel price war, perhaps as a result of the government urging companies to pass on price drops - which would seem to imply there has not been a price war yet.
  • DJ_MikeDJ_Mike Forumite
    246 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    People on a tight budget might well care. Why shouldn't a website about saving money post about a national price drop that might... *gasp*... save people money?
  • sh0597sh0597 Forumite
    578 Posts
    It comes across as advertising, either for the supermarkets or the government.
  • TotalityTotality Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    DJ_Mike wrote: »
    People on a tight budget might well care. Why shouldn't a website about saving money post about a national price drop that might... *gasp*... save people money?

Because it comes across as promotion for the supermarkets, and because the price increases are (as far as I'm aware) never reported.
  • edited 7 November 2014 at 8:21AM
    reduxredux Forumite
    22.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 November 2014 at 8:21AM
    DJ_Mike wrote: »

MSE only ever bases its articles on supermarket press releases, but prices change at all outlets.

6 or 7 of the cheapest 10 near me are not supermarkets.
  • CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tesco increased its petrol price by 2p/litre over the weekend.

I'm guessing Tesco didn't issue a press release about that :)
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• edited 8 November 2014 at 6:35PM
    agarnettagarnett
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 8 November 2014 at 6:35PM
    im-lost wrote: »
    Yawn. Can you stop posting this non news.

Nobody give two hoots.
    This is exactly why the Petrol Retail Consortiums in the UK get away with rip off prices ... Nobody (in UK ... seems to) give two hoots ...

There are countries in Europe where the pump price goes up and down with the oil price at large - sometimes more than once daily.

They have digital roadside fuel price signs, you see. They can be changed instantly using computer controls instead of being manipulated according to the whims of board meetings of conniving greedy barstewards.

Call it non-news if you wish, but the news this time is that the retailers are well and truly rumbled and being warned.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides