PPI wording on credit card statement

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
6 replies 2.5K views
blinxyblinxy Forumite
6 Posts
I have two credit cards with Halifax Bank of Scotland both that have repayment recovery charges. I've searched on google and realize that it doesn't always say PPI but can't find anywhere if recovery payment is indeed PPI.

I also read on several reclaim PPI sites that you may need some sort of plan to protect if your made redundant etc. so I'm confused have I actually paying PPI or if recovery payment is something different?

Thank you for reading this. I realize it's a silly question but can't find the answer online.

Replies

• edited 25 September 2014 at 11:38AM
    AquamaniaAquamania Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 September 2014 at 11:38AM
    blinxy wrote: »
    I have two credit cards with Halifax Bank of Scotland both that have repayment recovery charges. I've searched on google and realize that it doesn't always say PPI but can't find anywhere if recovery payment is indeed PPI.

I also read on several reclaim PPI sites that you may need some sort of plan to protect if your made redundant etc. so I'm confused have I actually paying PPI or if recovery payment is something different?

Thank you for reading this. I realize it's a silly question but can't find the answer online.

If you ever see any transaction, charge, etc on your account that you do not fully understand or recognise, you really should contact the card provider about it without delay.

Repayment recovery charges sounds like additional charges you have incurred because you did not make payments in line with the agreement, and the card provider incurred additional costs in attempting to enforce those payments (e.g. you moved and didn't tell them your new address, personal visits, etc)

But give them a ring, and I am sure they will explain. :)
  • edited 25 September 2014 at 2:11PM
    blinxyblinxy Forumite
    6 Posts
    edited 25 September 2014 at 2:11PM
    Thanks for response Aquamania. I did call and they have removed the charges from both cards effective immediately. I always pay the minimum amount due on both by direct debit every month so imagine it's some kind of insurance?

Just re read the statement it's worded as 'repayment cover' so maybe I do have a claim?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    blinxy wrote: »
    Just re read the statement it's worded as 'repayment cover' so maybe I do have a claim?
    You don't have a "claim" unless you can somehow show that this insurance was mis-sold to you. If you have valid and (preferably) verifiable reasons for complaint then you may have a case for having the cost of the policy refunded to you.

Do remember that it is not automatically wrong to have an insurance policy.
  • blinxy wrote: »
    Thanks for response Aquamania. I did call and they have removed the charges from both cards effective immediately. I always pay the minimum amount due on both by direct debit every month so imagine it's some kind of insurance?

So presumably you asked and they explained what they were for... :cool:
  • Yes is was indeed insurance protection payments and I feel I have a claim. Especially one card which was a mastercard I received from Amazon through Halifax. I did it to receive a £15. Amazon voucher and no mention was made of payment protection insurance. The card then became just a Halifax card. So have downloaded the form and will file a claim. Will let you know how I get on with the claim.
  • Its a complaint not a claim.

The PPI would have been detailed on every statement whilst your credit card had a balance....
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Avro Energy and Green cease trading

What it means for your gas & electrity

MSE News

Energy mythbusting

What really makes a difference?

MSE Guides

Free £6 Amazon credit for some

When you add £50 to gift card balance

MSE Deals