Broadband usage- confused

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
16 replies 1.2K views
2»

Replies

  • kwikbreakskwikbreaks Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure whatever it is is actually yours and not something you have to return if you change provider.
  • scottishminniescottishminnie Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    kwikbreaks wrote: »
    Make sure whatever it is is actually yours and not something you have to return if you change provider.

    Sadly changing provider isn't an option. We are in the back of beyond so cable will never reach us here!
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • PincherPincher
    6.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just a Wi-Fi adapter for Sky+HD boxes with only wired Ethernet. The Sky free on demand connector offer has
    now closed.


    If you can connect by cable, sell it on eBay, but don't chuck it.
    I'll have it, give you a fiver plus postage.
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    48.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=scottishminnie;66404149]Sadly changing provider isn't an option. We are in the back of beyond so cable will never reach us here![/QUOTE]

    Yes it is: even if no LLU options, you still have the choice of any one of dozens of BT resellers, Plusnet being the best known-but there are many more.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • scottishminniescottishminnie Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pincher wrote: »
    It's just a Wi-Fi adapter for Sky+HD boxes with only wired Ethernet. The Sky free on demand connector offer has
    now closed.


    If you can connect by cable, sell it on eBay, but don't chuck it.
    I'll have it, give you a fiver plus postage.


    can't connect by cable as the router is at the further point of the house from the sky box.


    sorry - it went off in the wheelie today. Just seemed like a total waste of time for us. Anyway we have the full sky package so hubby can find something to watch from there without needing anything else.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • scottishminniescottishminnie Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    macman wrote: »
    Yes it is: even if no LLU options, you still have the choice of any one of dozens of BT resellers, Plusnet being the best known-but there are many more.


    sorry - thought you meant changing from sky for the tv channels.


    we were previously with AOL but had so many problems where they blamed the landline provider (BT) and they blamed the broadband provider we eventually switched to BT to avoid the constant finger pointing. Have to say they are utterly cr*p though and the speeds are garbage but as one engineer said "rural homes aren't high on the list of priorities".
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Virgin Media & O2 launch Volt

Aims to boost mobile data & broadband speeds

MSE News

Cheap pet insurance

Top comparisons & hot deals

MSE Guides