IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Council Issued ECN on the street

Hello, been a while since I posted.
must have had a few trouble free years

I have had a council issued Excess charge notice.

I am looking at the ticket and it does not tell me how to appeal it.

looking briefly at MSE help pages it should and that in itself could be a reason to appeal.

are there any super clever people who can help me with this?

Thanks
DjK-UK: 2 Kids + 1 Wife = The only ways I can't save money.

Replies

• pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best take this to the experts at the Pepipoo Forum. :)
  • peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ECN, that's not decriminalised parking so its magistrates court I believe if not paid. Please check on pepipoo as suggested above, but don't delay.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • HO87HO87 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    ECN, that's not decriminalised parking so its magistrates court I believe if not paid. Please check on pepipoo as suggested above, but don't delay.
    Correct. That is if its a genuine ECN - Excess Charge Notice. There have been instances in recent years where what appear to be local council ECN's have actually been issued by private parking companies "on their behalf" - notably VCS/Excel at Bawtry but there is at least one other. ECN's pre-date the TMA 2004 and there are far fewer requirements that they need to meet - unlike decriminalised PCN's issued under the terms of the TMA.

There is no standard nor formal appeals process other than to the council (issuers). If the ECN is not paid - ultimately - the council are likely to issue a Magistrates Court summons.

Before you take yourself off to PePiPoo it might be worth identifying where the ECN was issued.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News