edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
2 replies 556 views
Fen1Fen1 Forumite
1.5K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
Hello.

I need to drop off friends at T3. I've not been to Heathrow in a long time, so can anyone advise on what lanes to follow, any nasty junctions etc.I'll be driving around the M25 anti-clockwise ( from Cambridge ).

Do you need to pay for drop-off, as at Stansted?

Replies

• edited 29 August 2014 at 1:29PM
    HeliflyguyHeliflyguy Forumite
    932 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 29 August 2014 at 1:29PM
    Not sure where your be coming into Heathrow from but once you have gone through the tunnel (right lane is better in the tunnel for T3 but left is not a problem) into the central area keep to the right lane then move/stay in the middle lane as you pass T2 on the left (far right goes into the car park for T3)
    If you haven't been there for a while it wont confuse you as it did me with the new layout for T2 although there is plenty of time and space to get in the correct lane.

As you approach T3 you can use any lane to drop off except for the first on the left, the far right drop off lane is generally the quietest, there is no charge and its easy to do apart for the mini cab drivers bullying their way in and out.

Exiting is as easy just make sure you in the correct lane through the tunnel (right for M4 M25 or left for T5 T4 local traffic, see signs) although if it does go pear shaped you can go round again if necessary.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/airport-maps
  • Fen1Fen1 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the advice.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides