Mis sold talktalk package

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
3 replies 722 views
CarlakoalabearCarlakoalabear Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
I recently changed from sky to talktalk. I specifically asked the sales guy on the high st woul I still get the same channels that I already have with sky, especially the discovery channels as that all we watch. He said "yes I would, I would only have to pay for movies and sport. Which don't bother me anyway, so I signed up for the whole package as I would be saving around £25 for the first 3 months and then around £12 per month after. So seemed a good deal as the phone also included mobile and 0845 numbers. So on 14/08/14 an engineer came and set up the phone and broadband, then the tv box came on the 18/08/14 which I had to set up myself. Easy so far, until I realised that there were no sky discovery channels, actually hardly any channels to speak of at all.
I phoned the customer helpline to cancel straight away explaining that it was mis sold, misrepresented and I was not at all happy with it. I was told that I'd have to pay £ 454.63 to disconnect and £75 for the tv box. I was totally dumbstruck, annoyed that I had fallen prey to such a scam. Is there anyway that I can get out of this contract. I am basically paying for freeview. I've not cancelled by sky yet because we wouldn't have any tv to watch, but now I'm paying for 2 lots. Also talktalk have already taken Payment out of my bank early and it's for more than originally agreed.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ..

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides