Xbox One

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gaming MoneySaving
5 replies 1.1K views
freeman3030freeman3030 Forumite
209 Posts
Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gaming MoneySaving
Hi all, this may be a long post so apologies and I really hope not to waste your time.

I currently have a PS3 which I rarely use as I found the PS3 a let down after really enjoying the PS2. I also happened to get the PS3 when I became a young adult so I had other priorities which took my time, further reducing my desire to play. (There is a point to all of this babble)... I looked into get a Xbox One a couple of months ago as my TV contract is coming to an end and I was looking to replace my Youview box (which is dreadfully slow) with an Xbox as I thought had a integrated TV tuner. I had a look and unfortunately you can only use the Xbox as a pass through, I just happened to look today online if anything had changed any they're now bring out a TV tuner!! Hurrah!! So I'm seriously contemplating buying the Xbox because I'll be able to record TV to it and have the bonus of being able to game too! Ever since they released Xbox kinect I've always been intrigued as it seems like a really good concept. Further looking into it reveals a whole raft of exercise programmes (I really enjoy running but winter is a pain as I find it incredibly cold!) So I could exercise with Xbox One indoors. I have a few questions that I'm hoping could get answered:

1) How much room do you need to use kinect & its exercise programmes? (I don't know its field of view) also, do you put it above the TV or below?

2) Not having ever used a Xbo,x will I be able to pick it up as I've always used a Playstation? Quite a lot of friends have always said that the Xbox control is much better than the playstation control (I don't know why).

3) Do the controllers need line of sight to work? (I have my playstation behind a cupboard door) likewise the media control, is that bluetooth or infrared?

4) How do the controls charge? Do they do a dock with a very long USB cable so I can have the controls by the sofa charging/do they have a dock with AC plug?

5) Can it play blu ray and is it 3D compatible?

If anyone can help at all with any of the questions, it would be much appreciated!

Replies

• DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) How much room do you need to use kinect & its exercise programmes? (I don't know its field of view) also, do you put it above the TV or below?

2) Not having ever used a Xbo,x will I be able to pick it up as I've always used a Playstation? Quite a lot of friends have always said that the Xbox control is much better than the playstation control (I don't know why).

3) Do the controllers need line of sight to work? (I have my playstation behind a cupboard door) likewise the media control, is that bluetooth or infrared?

4) How do the controls charge? Do they do a dock with a very long USB cable so I can have the controls by the sofa charging/do they have a dock with AC plug?

5) Can it play blu ray and is it 3D compatible?

Ok ill try and answer your questions best I can

1 this link might help with hopw far you need to be from the sensor.

maybe this is of extra help

and this link too

2 I can't answer the question about the controller. Best idea is to have a go on your friends controllers.

3 its a wireless controller, can get the play and charge kit which you can use as wireless or wired whilst playing, cable in the P&C is 2.8m.

4 charges via the cable mentioned above, you might be able to get a dock for the controller.

5 as far as I know its just blu ray but this link 3d is coming in an update.

Not being rude but you could done this yourself as its all from google.
  • 2) Not having ever used a Xbo,x will I be able to pick it up as I've always used a Playstation? Quite a lot of friends have always said that the Xbox control is much better than the playstation control (I don't know why). I went from PS2 to Xbox 360 and had no problems at all with the switch over, they are very similar really i think, just the buttons have letters on them rather than the shapes on the PS controller
  • We went from PS3 to Xbox One with no problems. Controller feels different in the beginning but you soon get used to it.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim Forumite
    844 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    3) No, the controllers do not need line of sight to work.
    Q: What kind of discussions aren't allowed?
    A: It goes without saying that this site's about MoneySaving.

Q: Why are some Board Guides sometimes unpleasant?
    A: We very much hope this isn't the case. But if it is, please make sure you report this, as you would any other forum user's posts, to [email protected].
  • preablepreable Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    I prefer the xbox one due to the pad :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

PCR tests to end for fully vaccinated

Travellers returning to England in Oct

MSE News

Free Homebuilding & Renovating Show tix

London, Harrogate & Shepton Mallet

MSE Deals