Forum Home» Motoring

stop/start - Page 56

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

stop/start

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Motoring
558 replies 24.4K views
1505152535456»

Replies

  • F1F93 wrote: »
    "it is. The familu fit in it but you comprimise on economy"

    So you have to compromise on something. How then is it better? That is illogical.

    Because you are compensated with the characteristics of the st. You cant have everything, but if you did build an economic sporty comfortable environmentally friendly cheap to run affordable practical reliable desireable car then you would probbably be very rich.
  • DUTR wrote: »
    The Veyron is a nice car, but more so a feat of engineering for many reasons (you can read up on that elsewhere).
    Some cars are not avoided just because of cost.
    EG closer to home (for me) I ordered a MK7 with lots of options that takes it into R territory, the R would have been little more than a base model, it wasn't purchased on finance and an AMG A45 was possible too.
    To summarise, the car was purchased to satisfy what I wanted , not to please any observer, in fact the car it replaced was still mighty fine.

    Mk7 golf? But by not having the r model you dont get the r's USP: Fastest acclerating golf ever. Thats saying something following on from the r32.
    Do you rather than an observer not muss out then? After all an observer might mistake it for an r.
  • DUTRDUTR Forumite
    13K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topdaddy wrote: »
    Mk7 golf? But by not having the r model you dont get the r's USP: Fastest acclerating golf ever. Thats saying something following on from the r32.
    Do you rather than an observer not muss out then? After all an observer might mistake it for an r.

    By having the R, I miss out on the soundpack option, power folding mirrors ADC, luggage space and having to pay a premium for it. That's the beauty of choice.
  • edited 27 July 2014 at 11:10AM
    motorguymotorguy Forumite
    20.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 July 2014 at 11:10AM
    Topdaddy wrote: »
    Mk7 golf? But by not having the r model you dont get the r's USP: Fastest acclerating golf ever. Thats saying something following on from the r32.
    Do you rather than an observer not muss out then? After all an observer might mistake it for an r.

    Only if outright acceleration is more important to you than spec.

    But thats a subjective opinion.
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • motorguy wrote: »
    Only if outright acceleration is more important to you than spec.

    But thats a subjective opinion.

    But its spec and the performance
  • motorguymotorguy Forumite
    20.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topdaddy wrote: »
    But its spec and the performance

    If you're not wanting the enhanced mechanic spec, what has a standard R got that a GTI doesnt?

    Genuine question, havent checked.
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • almillaralmillar Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    topdaddy, you didn't really reply to the main part of my post, just the X6 part (let's drop that!), so I'll repost it. I think it would be really useful for you to read and respond...

    They're trying to stay warm - they've got the heating on. I can't be any more clear. A direct quote of the OP saying 'I have the heating on' is not relevant to your argument. Richard1970 seems to have put that one to bed in post#260 in a nice big font. Does that satisfy you?
    There are no heaters. I put it in caps last time. As you say, you WILL need the engine back on. agreed, heaters dont work that way.Skadooosh!

    No running engine no heat, correct. You've chosen PART of an argument to suit you. But when the engine has been running, the heat hangs around. I repeat yet again, there are no heaters. Direct question from me to you - are there heaters? If so, please describe them.
    But we're talking about that bit IN BETWEEN the engine being on. THERE IS STILL HEAT
    based on a heater being on in the first instance.

    - YES! From page 1, everyone else had established this! You seem to want it written in stone from the OP!
    THAT is what everyone else is arguing with you about. Warm engine switches off, blowers still blow, warm(cooling air)

    - ABSOLUTELY! - it's warm, it's getting cooler. No-one ever argued otherwise!
    air is blown, for a while, because it's still hanging around in the system.



    Seriously, have a read at that last para topdaddy, it's a mixture of your words and mine. It all says the same thing. Where's the disagreement?
  • almillar wrote: »
    topdaddy, you didn't really reply to the main part of my post, just the X6 part (let's drop that!), so I'll repost it. I think it would be really useful for you to read and respond...

    They're trying to stay warm - they've got the heating on. I can't be any more clear. A direct quote of the OP saying 'I have the heating on' is not relevant to your argument. Richard1970 seems to have put that one to bed in post#260 in a nice big font. Does that satisfy you?
    No running engine no heat, correct. You've chosen PART of an argument to suit you. But when the engine has been running, the heat hangs around. I repeat yet again, there are no heaters. Direct question from me to you - are there heaters? If so, please describe them.



    - YES! From page 1, everyone else had established this! You seem to want it written in stone from the OP!


    - ABSOLUTELY! - it's warm, it's getting cooler. No-one ever argued otherwise!




    Seriously, have a read at that last para topdaddy, it's a mixture of your words and mine. It all says the same thing. Where's the disagreement?

    The main disagreement i have is that it would be useful
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support