Forum Home» Motoring

stop/start - Page 54

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

stop/start

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Motoring
558 replies 24.4K views
15051525456

Replies

  • edited 26 July 2014 at 4:40PM
    motorguymotorguy Forumite
    20.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 July 2014 at 4:40PM
    Topdaddy wrote: »
    Or that the top of the range isnt always clear?

    Did you just quote yourself there?

    Are you having a conversation with yourself??

    :eek:

    Are you two of you enjoying this??
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • motorguymotorguy Forumite
    20.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DUTR wrote: »
    Well your earlier comments included that if an item from the same marque is more expensive to initially purchase then it must be better.
    The quickest/fastest Ford Focus or VW Golf may not be the one with the highest trim options but maybe more expensive than the stablemate. Better would depend upon overall package whether that be performance , trim or economy.
    I'm a person that does not favour leather trim, I wouldn't chastise someone that opts for it though, years ago leather sutes were the 'premium' choice, now they are often the budget choice .

    So its down to a persons subjective needs?
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • motorguymotorguy Forumite
    20.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topdaddy wrote: »
    Thats is a valid point, again using the focus which is the top of the range the titanium x or the st3? I dont know, just assume that ford consider the st3 because its last in the sales book. Either way both are better than the base model(studio).

    Have you not just said otherwise because you said they arent comparable because they're not the same price?
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • DUTRDUTR Forumite
    13K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    motorguy wrote: »
    So its down to a persons subjective needs?

    Indeed, which is why I was using high priced cars to start with, on the man in the street marques, the most expensive is not always the flagship as it were.
  • :eek:
    motorguy wrote: »
    So your "the higher spec car is better" argument holds no water at all as any higher spec car is going to be more expensive than the entry level one, and you say they have to be comparable prices?

    How would that work?
  • edited 26 July 2014 at 5:10PM
    motorguymotorguy Forumite
    20.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 July 2014 at 5:10PM
    Topdaddy wrote: »
    :eek:

    How would that work?

    I've no idea.

    You said it.

    Post #517 - you said an ST and a 1.6 TDCI werent comparable because one was more expensive than the other?
    Topdaddy wrote: »

    Why? There are a considerable few thousand pounds between the two, so no i wouldnt. Unless they paid st money for a diesel
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • motorguymotorguy Forumite
    20.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topdaddy wrote: »

    And the heater thing(almost not trolling by going back on topic-ish) no that hasnt been answered.

    What hasnt been answered?
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • F1F93 wrote: »
    Again, I'm not struggling. You cannot comprehend that someone might disagree with you? It is not that your point has been answered, but that your point has been made.

    I understand that people diasagree. And it has been answered.
  • motorguy wrote: »
    Did you just quote yourself there?

    Are you having a conversation with yourself??

    :eek:

    Are you two of you enjoying this??

    Yes i quoteed myself as it directly leads on from that initial post, and on occasion people such as your self might miss the edits. Stands to reason.
  • motorguy wrote: »
    I've no idea.

    You said it.

    Post #517 - you said an ST and a 1.6 TDCI werent comparable because one was more expensive than the other?

    Theyre not. A X5 AND a X6 are similar prices and are comparable. Agreed?
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support