New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Parking eye aldi fine!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
24 replies 6K views

Replies

• ColliesCarerColliesCarer Forumite
    1.6K posts
    ..... Although I can't see how they came to those figures for compensation/cost to their business!

Exactly!! You can't see how they came to those figures for compensation for one reason and one reason only

Because they didn't come to those figures for compensation and they can't justify the charge as a loss.

Which is precisely why you should appeal and why you will win ;)

Aldi may get it cancelled as you spent £42 in their store that day (we believe there is a secret minimum £30+ spend clause in their contract with P E before they will help their customer)

BUT there have been many cases in which by the time a definitive answer was received it was too late to appeal

So do not wait for Aldi to come back to you - get your appeal in anyway using the template appeal in the NEWBIES thread and if PE reject it - you get the chance to beat them at POPLA and cost them £27 into the bargain - while you pay Zilch!!
  • snowcat53snowcat53 Forumite
    602 posts
    Make sure you also go and direct to the local Aldi store manager asap. Go in and ask for them, armed with your PCN and receipt. They can get it cancelled immediately and this is the quickest route. Rachel is a waste of time and obnoxious.
    602 posts
    Check out their fire exits.
    You also mentioned this on another thread.

What breaches have you seen? Have you raised a complaint with Aldi or the Council Env Health dept (responsible enforcing authority)
  • Thanks guys really appreciate your help!!

I marched into aldi today armed with my charge notice and receipt.
    Demanded I spoke to the manager and spoke very loudly creating a proper scene safe to say he wanted to me go into there back room!

Erm no lol I argued my point with the manger in front off all the tills, took him outside to all the queuing cars waiting for spaces and told him what for again in front of all the waiting customers haha

He was very helpful after that, took my receipt and notice came back 5 mins later all is canceled sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Haha! Result! :-)
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys really appreciate your help!!

I marched into aldi today armed with my charge notice and receipt.
    Demanded I spoke to the manager and spoke very loudly creating a proper scene safe to say he wanted to me go into there back room!

Erm no lol I argued my point with the manger in front off all the tills, took him outside to all the queuing cars waiting for spaces and told him what for again in front of all the waiting customers haha

He was very helpful after that, took my receipt and notice came back 5 mins later all is canceled sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Haha! Result! :-)

Brilliant result caitlynsmummy, the power of the customer complaint. And after all you are their customer, spending your hard-earned so they can generate profit. Persecuting customers via an agent is both counterproductive and cowardly!

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the walk of your branch of Aldi earlier to day. Well done, and now you're likely to feature in Coupon-mad's Complaints' Hall of Fame. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    602 posts
    Well done Caitlynsmummy. If a few more store managers reported upwards that they are getting hassle and grief from legitimate customers, Aldi might get the message that PE are bad for business and reconsider.
    602 posts
    snowcat53 wrote: »
    You also mentioned this on another thread.

What breaches have you seen? Have you raised a complaint with Aldi or the Council Env Health dept (responsible enforcing authority)

Now just bumping this question up
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    84.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Brilliant result caitlynsmummy, the power of the customer complaint. And after all you are their customer, spending your hard-earned so they can generate profit. Persecuting customers via an agent is both counterproductive and cowardly!

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the walk of your branch of Aldi earlier to day. Well done, and now you're likely to feature in Coupon-mad's Complaints' Hall of Fame. :)

Indeed and this is sooo common a complaint that caitlynsmummy features as 'complaint to Aldi #16' here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

and this is the paidtoshop poster I was thinking of, spelt differently:

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1094636#post1094636

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Indeed and this is sooo common a complaint that caitlynsmummy features as 'complaint to Aldi #16' here:[/

and this is the paidtoshop poster I was thinking of, spelt differently

:)

It's official I'm on the success wall of fame! :)

A work colleagues got a parking charge notice from PE but from a different carpark safe to say I will be helping her sort it using everyone's advice in here and the newbie templates ect.

I think I've turned into a parking vigilante!! :-)
  • snowcat53 wrote: »
    Now just bumping this question up

Snowcat53 I'm not really sure what ur talking about? Lol
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support