Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

therightloan4u.co.uk

edited 16 June 2014 at 10:29PM in Loans
58 replies 389.3K views
1356

Replies

  • Pixie5740Pixie5740 Forumite
    14.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, they have since sold my details on (confirmed - not speculation) and numerous loan brokers have had a chunk out of my bank account. It is not just me who has had this happen to them, it doesn't take much searching to find hundreds of other people who have been robbed in a similar way.

    Confirmed by whom?
  • MonkeyballsMonkeyballs Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Pixie5740 wrote: »
    Confirmed by whom?

    The bloke at Lloyds?
    StepChange DMP - £8092.13
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7: # 257 2014 is my first year :)
    Roadkill Rebels 2014: # 65 £34.83 PAD 2014 - £340.17
  • Pixie5740Pixie5740 Forumite
    14.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bloke at Lloyds?

    So this has been confirmed by a source who has no possible way of telling that Wonga passed on the OP's details including debit card details to the loan broker.

    If it looks like !!!!! and smells like !!!!! then it's !!!!!.
  • MonkeyballsMonkeyballs Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Rightloan4u is a trading name of Nouveau Finance - one of the same and Nouveau Finance is actually the company you're dealing with. However, it must be said that I have since received a full refund.

    And yes, I applied for a loan through Wonga as I have used them in the past and found them very useful. They aren't as expensive as the others and if paid back on time (which I always have) they do exactly what they say on the tin.

    However, they have since sold my details on (confirmed - not speculation) and numerous loan brokers have had a chunk out of my bank account. It is not just me who has had this happen to them, it doesn't take much searching to find hundreds of other people who have been robbed in a similar way.

    You can all have your opinions, call me stupid, whatever. However, I know what I did, I know what has happened and I know who is to blame and it certainly isn't me.

    There will be some people out there who have found this post useful as the same has happened to them. A number of people have already messaged me to ask for the number as they too require refunds. If you don't find this post useful, thats fine, just don't post! Don't clog up the feed with unhelpful comments that users who need the real information will have to wade through to get the facts.

    Ok, for one - I'm not calling you stupid but what I am saying is your story doesn't add up.

    If Wonga has sold your details, then who confirmed this? I'm 99% certain that the fella at Lloyds, the bloke you woke up or even someone sitting in Wonga's customer services would be able to confirm this to you - if they did, they'd be making it up as the only people who would possibly be able to tell you I'm guessing is their marketing or secondary sales team (if they have one).

    All your post is doing is making people worry about using Wonga which in some sense isn't a bad thing but it is if they then start resorting to random, previously unknown lenders! At least if they use Wonga then they can be sure of having an established route of communicating and complaining to them etc.

    Brokers are bad - DO NOT TOUCH THEM as they will fleece you, but you mention that numerous brokers have taken a chunk from your bank account? so how much has gone now and who to?

    It's not that I'm not sympathetic but you're not providing facts you're just trying to scare people.

    MB
    StepChange DMP - £8092.13
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7: # 257 2014 is my first year :)
    Roadkill Rebels 2014: # 65 £34.83 PAD 2014 - £340.17
  • Gaz83Gaz83 Forumite
    4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    BillJones wrote: »
    Because these companies are not stupid enough to move to committing mass fraud when they can make plenty of money b y duping people legally into paying their pointless fees.

    Probability of the poster lying or being mistaken, 99.9%. Probability of fraud being committed, 0.1%.

    Without firm evidence to the contrary, I'm coming down on the side of lies or mistake by the OP. You may of course choose to believe in the grand corporate criminal conspiracy explanation.
    This, this, a thousand times this.

    These companies make enough money through the ignorance of people signing up to something they haven't read. There is no need at all for them to commit fraud.
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • KingArfer wrote: »

    :D

    I am in the unfortunate position of having recently to have been looking for a small payday loan. While searching I carelessly mistook a firm called a-z loans for being a direct lender - mostly because they told me that I had been offered a loan for £100, on reasonable terms too. I carelessly agreed to this loan - and gave my bank card details. All seemed well!

    At no time was I informed that this company is a broker - but I later saw the very small print - saying that a fee of £57.99 would also be charged - but still not saying it was for brokerage services.

    Though led to believe I had actually been given a loan - I received no money.

    I have however received 100 s of emails and texts from other companies - most of whom are themselves brokers too and not direct lenders.

    Though it is my mistake to have agreed to this apparent loan (though I maintain that that is debatable) - I at no time have agreed to or authorised - or given my bank details to any of the firms that they gave my details to.

    However - today £57.99 was taken from my bank and a further ££59.99 was also taken by the - therightloan4u . co . uk - who I have had no contact with whatsoever, nor given my details to. I can only conclude that a-z loans not only passed my loan requirement and personal details on but also my bank details. I now have no idea if 100 s of firms now have my bank details - it is obviously a huge scam.

    So - u are mistaken to assume all who try for a payday loan are idiots.

    A little more help and some constructive advice and maybe a little maybe sympathy - rather than mistrust and judgement please!!!!
  • MonkeyballsMonkeyballs Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Hi Arfer,

    I do sympathise but at the same time the same stories and names crop up constantly so after a while, for the people who are regular users of this site the novelty has worn off...

    Can I ask (and I may be naive asking) but how did you find A-Z Loans? I've debt problems don't get me wrong but I'm working through them but if I try to Google 'Payday loans', 'short term loans', 'bad credit loans', etc I normally get Wonga and other more mainstream lenders?

    As for what to do next, all you can do is go to the respective sites and follow their refund process - although some people have reported their banks being helpful too, explain the situation and ask to see who is requesting cash and they may be able to give some guidance.

    But in future - don't borrow, budget :)

    Good luck,

    MB
    StepChange DMP - £8092.13
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7: # 257 2014 is my first year :)
    Roadkill Rebels 2014: # 65 £34.83 PAD 2014 - £340.17
  • Gaz83Gaz83 Forumite
    4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't even find a-z loans by Googling "a-z loans".

    Which was the website you used?
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaz83 wrote: »
    I can't even find a-z loans by Googling "a-z loans".

    Which was the website you used?

    Most if not all of the sites on the first 2 pages are American so not sure how a-z Loans came up.
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likewise. I do, however, now know where to go for cash should I get stuck in Arizona.
This discussion has been closed.