Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

ParkingEye PCN - I don't know what to do! - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

ParkingEye PCN - I don't know what to do!

edited 13 June 2014 at 10:13PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
17 replies 2.5K views
2»

Replies

• Hot_BringHot_Bring Forumite
    1.6K posts
    ✭✭✭
    And while you're complaining demand the hotel puts your car on the parking white list so it's treated as exempt like staff cars.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • FyeiFyei Forumite
    7 posts
    I've sent Marriott a complaint.

Thanks for the replies all, I'll follow the templates as guided as I get the PCNs through the door.

When I posted last night I didn't mean to suggest that you guys here don't know best by the way, its just I've never heard any of this stuff before and the legal defenses sounded a little too good to be true at first :)
  • FyeiFyei Forumite
    7 posts
    Update...

The charges are now in the process of being cancelled!

Following my email to customer care, the manager of the hotel was contacted directly and even though he doesn't work weekends he called me and he is now personally ensuring that the charges get cancelled.

I'm not sure what happened - I wasn't expecting a response till Monday as the customer care team apparently don't work weekends, but someone picked up the email anyway and is sorting it out.

Thanks for the advice all!
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    29K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    excellent , they do not want to lose your business, or have any publicity
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Dee140157Dee140157 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Complaining is often the easiest way to get a ticket sorted. However legal appeals are good if this forts step does not work. You know where to come if ever you need help and tell others too.
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    86.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyei wrote: »
    Update...

The charges are now in the process of being cancelled!

Following my email to customer care, the manager of the hotel was contacted directly and even though he doesn't work weekends he called me and he is now personally ensuring that the charges get cancelled.

I'm not sure what happened - I wasn't expecting a response till Monday as the customer care team apparently don't work weekends, but someone picked up the email anyway and is sorting it out.

Thanks for the advice all!

What happened was corporate customer power - they must prioritise responding to anything from repeat customers or business clients. Well done! :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff OP, glad to have been able to contribute to your thread. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support