edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Marriage, Relationships & Families
121 replies 10K views

Replies

• MojisolaMojisola Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    welshone1 wrote: »
    My son is just left in front of TV and play stAtion and this is what he had told me he doesn't go the girlfriends house because he doesn't like it there. He has said he only wants yo spend time with his daddy

There's a big difference between looking after a child for one night and having him for a whole week. How would his father manage for three or four nights?

I would be more concerned that his father wouldn't be able to look after him properly than what the GF was like.
  • welshone1welshone1 Forumite
    131 Posts
    I think that is a bit unfair. The OP seems to be making all efforts to make sure the child sees his father (the only issue is him going away to another country for one week, I am sure if they were holidaying in this country it would be different). It seems if she wanted him to be her son, it could be quite easy for contact to be dropped with his father!

Thank you :):)
  • This thread has made me wonder how much my dad had seen of the bloke my mum ran off with by the time I first went to see her. I remember being impressed that they were living in a caravan, though. :D
  • POPPYOSCARPOPPYOSCAR Forumite
    14.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that is a bit unfair. The OP seems to be making all efforts to make sure the child sees his father (the only issue is him going away to another country for one week, I am sure if they were holidaying in this country it would be different). It seems if she wanted him to be her son, it could be quite easy for contact to be dropped with his father!

What difference does it make?
    131 Posts
    I have a real issue with you referring to your child as "my son"

You can't have any safeguarding concerns regarding your son otherwise why would you let him stay overnight at his dad's for one night.

He only has one night for a reason that went through the solicitors
  • edited 30 April 2014 at 10:12PM
    iammumtooneiammumtoone Forumite
    6.4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 April 2014 at 10:12PM
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    What difference does it make?

In my eyes, lots. I would be quite happy for my ex to take our 6 year old away for a week in this country as if there were any problems/issues in an emergency they could come home or I could go to them. Not so easy when they are in a foreign country. As the OP I am not sure how my son would be if he did not see me for a week the most he has been away is 2 nights and I know his father cannot cope with him if he gets homesick in fact when that happens he brings him back to me.
  • edited 30 April 2014 at 10:12PM
    jaylee3jaylee3 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    edited 30 April 2014 at 10:12PM
    Yes, it is not weird to want to meet her. I know I would ... Put your mind at rest. :)

Absolutely ludicrous that people are accusing you of being a control freak or a bizzybody LOL.

Nothing wrong with wanting to meet her. :)

And what the F is wrong with the OP calling the boy 'my son?' !!!!!!?
    (•_•)
    )o o)╯
    /___\
    131 Posts
    In my eyes, lots. I would be quite happy for my ex to take our 6 year old away for a week in this country as if there were any problems/issues in an emergency they could come home or I could go to them. Not so easy when they are in a foreign country. As the OP I am not sure how my son would be if he did not see me for a week the most he has been away is 2 nights and I know for a fact his father cannot cope with him if he gets homesick in fact when that happens he brings him back to me.

I totally agree when my son has been ill up his dads I've had a call to come and get him. Cause my son wants to come home.
  • In my eyes, lots. I would be quite happy for my ex to take our 6 year old away for a week in this country as if there were any problems/issues in an emergency they could come home or I could go to them. Not so easy when they are in a foreign country. As the OP I am not sure how my son would be if he did not see me for a week the most he has been away is 2 nights and I know his father cannot cope with him if he gets homesick in fact when that happens he brings him back to me.

But meeting the girlfriend for half an hour isn't going to help/resolve this?
    I'm never offended by debate & opinions. As a wise man called Voltaire once said, "I disagree with what you say, but will defend until death your right to say it."
    Mortgage is my only debt - Original mortgage - January 2008 = £88,400, March 2014 = £47,000 Chipping away slowly! Now saving to move.
  • POPPYOSCARPOPPYOSCAR Forumite
    14.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my eyes, lots. I would be quite happy for my ex to take our 6 year old away for a week in this country as if there were any problems/issues in an emergency they could come home or I could go to them. Not so easy when they are in a foreign country. As the OP I am not sure how my son would be if he did not see me for a week the most he has been away is 2 nights and I know his father cannot cope with him if he gets homesick in fact when that happens he brings him back to me.

I understand all of that but what does that have to do with meeting the girlfriend?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes

MSE News