»

Experian vs. Equifax - Page 12

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Experian vs. Equifax

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
117 replies 117.8K views
167891012»

Replies

• foxy-roxyfoxy-roxy Forumite
    891 posts
    Holiday Haggler
    Experian scores me higher than Equifax. Equifax shows I am linked financially with my OH but Experian doesn't, and Experian shows previous addresses where as Equifax just shows one?? Very odd, also, Tmobile seem to only use Equifax as that shows my contract with them monthly but nothing on Experian.
  • iceage3iceage3 Forumite
    235 posts
    sorry to butt in on this post and someone might have answered but

callcredit-gives details on mortgage ie figures going down each month
    example
    payment of 1,000 mortgage payment
    april 110,000
    may 109,500 etc

experian and equilfax dont do this ,but callcredit does so handy if making overpayments and want to check on if working going out ,as you only sometimes get once a year mortgage statement

well worth £2
  • Bump

Does anybody know if Northern Bank (Northern Ireland) uses any of the credit services other than Experian?

I can confirm:

Experian
    1) Northern Bank
    2) Bank of Ireland
    3) O2
    4) Nationwide
    5) ROYAL & SUN ALLIANCE INSURANCE PLC

Thanks,

Joe
  • JJSmyth wrote: »
    Bump

Does anybody know if Northern Bank (Northern Ireland) uses any of the credit services other than Experian?

Northern Bank certainly use Experian ( I do not know if they have started using other CRAs in addition - but doubt it)

First Trust use Equifax , if you are looking for a bank which uses Equifax

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2419785
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Hi all,

I have a question regarding Equifax and Experian. My experian is 999 out of 999 excellent, my Equifax is 381 out of 600 and has even gone lower this month. Both have exactly the same data.

I cant help but think they are doing something just to get their monthly subscriptions now. I don't trust them. How can they be so different with the same account data.

Regards

Ian
  • jakesukjakesuk Forumite
    226 posts
    SirDodds wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a question regarding Equifax and Experian. My experian is 999 out of 999 excellent, my Equifax is 381 out of 600 and has even gone lower this month. Both have exactly the same data.

I cant help but think they are doing something just to get their monthly subscriptions now. I don't trust them. How can they be so different with the same account data.

Regards

Ian

Don't pay any attention to the credit scores provided by any credit reference agency, they are meaningless.

It's the lender who will credit score you based on the data on your credit report and the information you provide as part of the application.
  • Thanks for this information guys, it might be from 6 years ago but I actually got valuable information from this to use for our study in school. Registered to express my gratitude
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support