Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

End wanted to ParkingEye ticket - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

End wanted to ParkingEye ticket

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
40 replies 3.5K views
124»

Replies

• StromaStroma Forumite
    8K posts
    Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should have sent with proof of postage only, the reason is that it's presumed delivered for service after 2 working days. Check the Royal Mail website to see if this has been signed for in a few days, if it hasn't send it again by getting proof of postage only.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • da_ruleda_rule Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    DRCUK wrote: »
    Many thanks da_rule & Coupon-mad, Letter sent to PE recorded delivery, ill get back with their responce once it arrives.

Hopefully they'll sign for it. If not then you may have wasted a few quid. Normal mail is acceptable (with a free proof of postage). This is because there is a statutory assumption that an item is deemed as received if posted, unless it can be proved otherwise. By rejecting 'sign for' or 'recorded' items PPC's can prove that the item hasn't been delivered.
  • DRCUKDRCUK Forumite
    17 posts
    So here's an update to make you all laugh, whilst I cry....
    PE did sign for my 'without prejudice' letter and £80 was agreed which I promptly paid thinking thank god that's over....now comes the major kick in the man parts! After using PEs automated payment line I received a letter through the post off Bolton County Court...

They had ordered the case to be stayed and stated that POPLA must be used to solve the dispute!

Whilst I felt a little warm with my short lived minor victory of not paying £160, it soon faded once reading the courts letter....gutted, if only I had delayed handing over the settlement money by a day!

On a positive note, dose this mean if others in the Bolton area are in a similar situation then it is worth taking to court where you can get PE ordered to use POPLA. Has Bolton County Court got fed up with PE time wasting cases?!
  • DRCUKDRCUK Forumite
    17 posts
    Big thanks to forum members for their time and helpful advice, especially da_rule and Coupon-mad, I can now focus on my wedding and house buying :)
  • nigelbbnigelbb Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should still proceed with the POPLA appeal as directed by the court. When you win PE will be ordered to repay the £80.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • edited 20 April 2014 at 12:52PM
    ampersandampersand Forumite
    9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 April 2014 at 12:52PM
    Thanks nigelbb, was searching for other Threads where this has been achieved.

DRCUK - please do this, regardless of now feeling set free.

It's a bit more cut and paste, with personal tweaks and encourages others who then see it can be done.

Then you can enjoy that £80 back in the wedding and house purchase funds.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:[B"tel:01274760720"]01274 760721[/B], freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• StromaStroma Forumite
    8K posts
    Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭
    nigelbb wrote: »
    You should still proceed with the POPLA appeal as directed by the court. When you win PE will be ordered to repay the £80.

I think the only way to do that is to ask parking eye for the £80 back and ask for a popla code. The reason is because popla will reject if they are informed that a payment has been made. I doubt that parking eye will do anything.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
  • Nodding_DonkeyNodding_Donkey Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can they reject it if a court has ordered it?
  • StromaStroma Forumite
    8K posts
    Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can they reject it if a court has ordered it?

But they haven't ordered Popla to do anything, if Parking Eye says its been paid they won't do anything with the appeal to them. As for Parking Eye they just think that court and judges can be simply ignored, we can tell that by their contemptuous way they handle a claim to begin with.
  • edited 20 April 2014 at 4:08PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    88.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 April 2014 at 4:08PM
    I would write to the Court immediately and accept the Order and ask that they add that if you win at POPLA any amount paid so far, is refunded. Send a copy to PE as well, stating that the Court has ordered POPLA must take place and so the amount of £80 should be frozen or returned to you along with a POPLA code. They can consider your defence wording as your first appeal.

The Court has more clout than anything else, try it immediately. Get your foot in the door before PE discontinue the claim. Surely the date of the Court Order pre-dates that payment so the money should be returned? I have linked this thread for a few other regulars to see on a round robin email. I think we need a few opinions, as it would be a shame to let the Court Order for POPLA go to waste.

DRCUK, could you send me a copy of the court order letter and/or tell me the claim number, court, date of order, Judge (so we can cite it for other newbies). No need for your name, I can call you Mr X when sharing the details of the Court decision.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support