New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Funny Joke Thread

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Funny Money
6.4K replies 910.5K views

Replies

• wurzelsarwurzelsar Forumite
    15.3K posts
    I thought I'd clicked on the wrong forum. I was right then! It was in the Arms.:o

Why was it moved back?

Can we have just the one in the Arms please, MSE team?:confused::o
    I wish you......
    A sunbeam to warm you,
    A moonbeam to charm you,
    A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
  • Ooooops here's Another.................

The new supermarket near our house has an automatic water mister to keep the produce fresh

Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of distant thunder and the smell of fresh rain.

When you approach the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and witness the scent of fresh hay.

When you approach the egg case, you hear hens cluck and cackle and the air is filled with the pleasing aroma of bacon and eggs frying.

The veggie department features the smell of fresh buttered corn.

I don't buy toilet paper there any more... ...frown.gif:o;)
    "Did you hear about the frog that broke down on the motorway???? They toad him away!"
  • MistyangMistyang Forumite
    20.5K posts
    lol Mazz....I could of sworn earlier thr joke thread was in the arms, now wheres it gone:confused:
    And I have done reading & geography.. too ! ;)
    Dont break my heart...my miley smiley cyrus heart :D
    Crazy Nutters Member No 1067
    Bad Mothers Member No. 153 and Mummy to the lovely girls & MSE Nanna...:j
  • fudgemfudgem Forumite
    534 posts

The only cow in a small town in Arkansas stopped giving milk.

The people did some research and found they could buy a cow up in Antigo, Wisconsin, for $200.00.

They bought the cow from Wisconsin and the cow was wonderful. It produced lots of milk all of the time, and the people were pleased and very happy.

They decided to acquire a bull to mate with the cow and produce more cows like it. They would never have to worry about their milk supply again. They bought a bull and put it in the pasture with their beloved cow. However, whenever the bull came close to the cow, the cow would move away. No matter what approach the bull tried, the cow would move away from the bull and he could not succeed in his quest.

The people were very upset and decided to ask the Vet! , who was very wise, what to do.

They told the Vet what was happening. "Whenever the bull approaches our cow, she moves away. If he approaches from the back, she moves forward. When he approaches her from the front, she backs off. An approach from the side and she walks away to the other side." The Vet thinks about this for a minute and asked, "Did you buy this cow in Wisconsin?"

The people were dumbfounded, since they had never mentioned where they bought the cow. "You are truly a wise Vet," they said. "How did you know we got the cow in Wisconsin?" The Vet replied with a sigh and a distant look in his eyes, "My wife is from Wisconsin."
  • wurzelsar wrote: »
    Hi Ang.

Yes fine thanks, been to Ikea Cardiff today, spent too much then called back in the Designer shopping outlet on the way back and spent more.:o

Feeling so tired now and the gastritis is playing up again.:o
    Could be worse though, mustn't grumble.

I've got to say.....this comment does nothing for your avatar!! :D
    Nothing can compare
    To when you roll the dice and swear your love's for me
  • wurzelsarwurzelsar Forumite
    15.3K posts
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :T :T :T

Oh I've missed the humour on the Arms so much.:o Ta Mazzkins.xx
    I wish you......
    A sunbeam to warm you,
    A moonbeam to charm you,
    A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
    20.5K posts
    wurzelsar wrote: »
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :T :T :T

Oh I've missed the humour on the Arms so much.:o Ta Mazzkins.xx

ditto.....me too ta Mazz xx
  • Mistyang wrote: »
    ditto.....me too ta Mazz xx

Thank you all for the nioce words :j :j :j :j
    I used to work for Pickfords....... So I get moved around a bit BUT hopefully this will be where we are all left alone..... And with humour in mind

CHICKEN AT A CHINESE RESTAURANT
    A couple go for a meal at a Chinese restaurant and order the "Chicken Surprise". The waiter brings the meal, served in a lidded cast iron pot.

Just as the wife is about to serve herself, the lid of the pot rises slightly and she briefly sees two beady little eyes looking around before the lid slams back down.

"Good grief, did you see that?" she asks her husband.
    He hasn't, so she asks him to look in the pot. He reaches for it and again the lid rises, and he sees two little eyes looking around before it slams down.

Rather perturbed, he calls the waiter over, explains what is happening, and demands an explanation.
    "Please sir," says the waiter, "what you order?"
    The husband replies, "Chicken Surprise."
    You're going to love this.................... .
    Ah... so sorry," says the waiter, "I bring you Peeking Duck"
    "Did you hear about the frog that broke down on the motorway???? They toad him away!"
    20.5K posts
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :T
  • Nytehawk wrote: »
    Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese.….”
    That is from your signature.

There are more people in China today than there were in the whole world 150 years ago.

Makes you think.