New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Funny Joke Thread

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Funny Money
6.4K replies 910.7K views

Replies

• wurzelsarwurzelsar Forumite
    15.3K posts
    Nytehawk wrote: »
    Ok ta!! Just getting ready for work.......... Speak later ;)

Take care, be good.;) :kisses3:
    I wish you......
    A sunbeam to warm you,
    A moonbeam to charm you,
    A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
  • MistyangMistyang Forumite
    20.5K posts
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: good un Mazz, dont work too hard xx
    And I have done reading & geography.. too ! ;)
    Dont break my heart...my miley smiley cyrus heart :D
    Crazy Nutters Member No 1067
    Bad Mothers Member No. 153 and Mummy to the lovely girls & MSE Nanna...:j
  • Original shaggy dog story.

In times of old when Knights were bold..........it was the done thing to extend hospitality to any wandering Knight that appeared at your castle. However one wet and stormy knight the sentry on duty at Camelot saw a Knight riding up to the door on a very large shaggy dog. This rather unerved him as he should have been on a horse so he refused him entry and told him to try elsewhere.
    "what " cried the bedraggeled traveller

"How could you leave a Knight out on a dog like this" !!
    "Did you hear about the frog that broke down on the motorway???? They toad him away!"
    20.5K posts
    oh you are up here in a sticky spot now eh Mazz;)
    good joke....he he:rotfl:
    15.3K posts
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :T :T

Nice to see you back Mazzkins!:T
    I wish you......
    A sunbeam to warm you,
    A moonbeam to charm you,
    20.5K posts
    Hello Sarah have you had a nice day? xx
    15.3K posts
    Hi Ang.

Yes fine thanks, been to Ikea Cardiff today, spent too much then called back in the Designer shopping outlet on the way back and spent more.:o

Feeling so tired now and the gastritis is playing up again.:o
    Could be worse though, mustn't grumble.

Have you done any more shopping for that special day?:D ;)
    I wish you......
    A sunbeam to warm you,
    A moonbeam to charm you,
  • Mistyang wrote: »
    oh you are up here in a sticky spot now eh Mazz;)
    good joke....he he:rotfl:

Hi Misty and your Whippy playmate :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

No I work for Pickfords................ They just move me wherever they want me, I was in the Arms earlier now I've been demoted to the funny [STRIKE]FARM[/STRIKE] thread :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ;)
    "Did you hear about the frog that broke down on the motorway???? They toad him away!"
  • It takes an Italian Man to make a Woman feel like a Woman…

On a recent transatlantic flight, a plane passes through a severe storm. The
    turbulence is awful, and things go from bad to worse when one wing is struck
    by lightning. One woman in particular loses it.

Screaming, she stands up in the front of the plane. “I’m too young to die,” she
    wails. Then she yells, “Well, if I’m going to die, I want my last minutes on
    earth to be memorable! Is there ANYONE on this plane who can make me feel like
    a WOMAN?”

For a moment there is silence.. Everyone has forgotten their own peril. They all
    stared, riveted, at the desperate woman in the front of the plane.

Then an Italian man stands up in the rear of the plane. He is gorgeous : tall,
    well built, with dark brown hair and hazel eyes.

He starts to walk slowly up the aisle,unbuttoning his shirt…..one button at a
    time. ……

No one moves. ……

He removes his shirt. …….

Muscles ripple across his chest. …..

She gasps………..

He whispers: …….

“Iron this, and get me something to eat….”
  • Feel free to add your own friendly comments or humour stories here... We could start a Book :j :j :j

Those Greedy Irish.....

Two Irish men walking down a High St, Paddy say to Shamus "Look, in the shop window Trousers 50p a pair, shirts 50p each, and suits only £1.

Right Shamus says, what we will do is buy a car full take it home and sell it, but when we go into the shop don't let on we are going to sell it, or they may not sell it to us.

After entering the shop Shamus says to the guy behind the counter, Well take 100 shirts, 100 pairs of trews and 50 suits.

"You can't do that" says the shop keeper. Paddy thinking they have been rumbled, says "They are just for us, we are stocking up our wardrobe".

"I'm sorry" says the shop keeper, "I can't help you"

"And why not"? says Paddy.

"Because this is a Dry Cleaners" says the shop keeper!