Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

The Good Morning thread - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

The Good Morning thread

edited 8 September 2015 at 9:31PM in The Money Savers Arms
24K replies 915.7K views

Replies

• KateBobKateBob Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone.

First day of the easter holidays here which means I get a lie in because I'm not chasing kids up and out the door!
    Kate short for Bob.

Alphabet thread High Priestess of all things unsavoury

Tesla was a genius.
  • joansgirljoansgirl Forumite
    17.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning every body else who has said good morning, too many to mention. Just got soaked taking the dog out. Quick cuppa, then off to work. No bosses this week (they're both in Florida) so will have the place to myself and will get loads done (I hope).
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    28.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I was in Florida! Where DS used to live and we were just about to buy, when they moved north.

Ah, well!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • joansgirljoansgirl Forumite
    17.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pollypenny wrote: »
    Wish I was in Florida! Where DS used to live and we were just about to buy, when they moved north.

Ah, well!

Too hot for my liking. They've got a villa out there. :(
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • onlyrozonlyroz Forumite
    17.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it is s0dding not a s0dding good bl00dy morning. I made it into work early enough for the free breakfast but for some reason I chose the "skinny porridge". They should have put up a health warning, because apparently "skinny porridge" is made with s0dding water!!!! And to think that I could now be sitting here pretending to work tucking into a bacon roll with HP sauce instead.

<grumble grumble>
  • pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    28.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :rotfl::rotfl:

I've just had porridge made with water, bit of milk to cool it after the microwave, though. Half a spoon of honey and half a banana, lovely! :D
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • maggy50maggy50 Forumite
    781 posts
    Good Morning sunshine rays to all.:j

Just sitting here trying to surface before I tackle a mountain of washing and then work.

Not Easter hols here yet so must make a large shop foray to stock up essentials before mums and dads bring their little loves supermarket shopping , nothing worse than unruly kids :o
    Light travels faster than sound.

This is why some people seem as bright until you hear them.
  • onlyrozonlyroz Forumite
    17.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pollypenny wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl:

I've just had porridge made with water, bit of milk to cool it after the microwave, though. Half a spoon of honey and half a banana, lovely! :D
    No amount of bl00dy honey can make "skinny porridge" taste like anything other than wallpaper paste :mad:
  • Good Morning MSE,
    i am sat on Sofa facing a TV that previously was tuned into Premier Radio who have been superb but now I can't face(lecturing Christians, interfering Christians, sterility, servicing marrieds with prayer ministry, men less mission related work and of course God is ALL you need NO THOUGHT of your body made for MEN and thoughts of SIN)
    Things are hotting up on Twitter as I ponder what is going on. My visitor is not back but I need to get him back to get purchase. I am thinking unthinkable and unbelievable pressures are being put on me.
    My flat needs a thorough clean, my clothes need to see their first iron, and yours truly needs the mother of all beauty salon treatments because as soon as possible I want to launch myself on him in a bid to stop a war that is being waged on Non lawyer lawyer unions of whatever sort.
    Too much crap faces me and I need to control the crap in prayer.
    with god nothing is impossible Saviour HEALER redeemer king of kings and lord of lords emanuel god with us.
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
  • onlyroz wrote: »
    No amount of bl00dy honey can make "skinny porridge" taste like anything other than wallpaper paste :mad:
    I would go for the full nine yards with cream and golden syrup. Just limit sugar and up vegetables, reduce fruit.
    Sometimes the Full Fat is best as porridge is cheap and good value for money so long as you have grabbed the rights oats.
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support