Aldi charging your payment card twice

Replies

• scotty1971scotty1971 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope everyone gets there money back!
  • patchwork_catpatchwork_cat Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    newthrift wrote: »
    Also note that things seem to be added on that you haven't brought!!
    The past two weeks TWICE this has happened. First time she said she was packing in to the trolley and looked up at stuff was scanning through and noticed the total said £500!!!!!!! She knew it wasn't right so asked and they had ''accidently'' managed to scan a laptop through!! Luckily they deducted it off but then when she got home she found that they had then added on blueberries and something else (which equalled to about £3) which she hadn't had!!!
    Then last week she was aware of it so when she was packing from trolley to the bags she ticked it off and found they had added a £9.99 duvet cover on which she hadn't had. My mum went back to the til and got a refund but needless to say double check your receipts. I know I have been more aware. Also other thing is checking change when you pay with cash, as they don't use the til to work it out, they do it in their heads and heard of quite a few people getting incorrect change.

I love Aldi but things like this are very very annoying!!

this isn't new it has ben happening at Aldi for a long time, it is due to the speed that they scan - always check your receipt before leaving Aldi.
  • sassybluesassyblue Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    this isn't new it has ben happening at Aldi for a long time, it is due to the speed that they scan - always check your receipt before leaving Aldi.

Funny how it always 'scans' something expensive, wonder if we'll hear from someone who bought a laptop that scanned as a tin of beans...

Happy moneysaving all.
  • "Some shoppers at Aldi have paid double following a technical error with the supermarket's payment system"
    Read the full story:

Aldi shoppers charged twice: Check your statement now

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
  • tigs33tigs33 Forumite
    32 Posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    sassyblue wrote: »
    Funny how it always 'scans' something expensive, wonder if we'll hear from someone who bought a laptop that scanned as a tin of beans...

When hubby shopped there, he got charged twice for some cheese (he didn't realise until he got home and I checked) he didn't however get charged for a beef roasting joint worth £11 :D
  • edited 1 April 2014 at 8:28PM
    moleratmolerat Forumite
    26.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 April 2014 at 8:28PM
    Unlikely scanned incorrectly, more like finger trouble when typing in the wrong PLU, seen it happen loads of times.

Used my card on 14th, 20th, 27th and 30th with no problems.
  • Butterfly_BrainButterfly_Brain Forumite
    8.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only use cash and check the receipt before I leave the shop.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • edited 2 April 2014 at 9:26AM
    scoztscozt Forumite
    4 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 2 April 2014 at 9:26AM
    MSE_Helen wrote: »
    "Some shoppers at Aldi have paid double following a technical error with the supermarket's payment system"

As is said:

"You buy cheap, you buy twice"

:D
  • I have been charged for "phantom" items that I did not have in my basket.
    The worst occurrence was being charged for a previously purchased screwed up ALDI carrier bag that I had taken in myself!! The cashier must have seen me take it out of my pocket ... but she still charged me for it!!
    Mark
  • smokey_davesmokey_dave Forumite
    85 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I always pay cash at Aldi and Lidl shops. They will not let me pay by credit card and as mine are cashback cards I am hoping that they will one day allow these.

If EVERYONE paid with cash it would help as it costs them more in bank charges.

A tip is to NEVER talk to the cashier in a supermarket and check your receipt before leaving. A mistake is hardly ever in your favour.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides