Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

edited 13 October 2017 at 12:22PM in Flight Delay Compensation
3.7K replies 624.3K views

Replies

• The Sheriff and Ryanair's legal representative seemed to refer to the book "McGregor on Damages" quite a lot so it might be worth looking it up for guidance.

Good luck with your claim!

Just a reminder to everybody, goodwithmoney101 posted his original success story mentioning the use of 'McGregor' here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62657558#post62657558
    The above is just my opinon - which counts for nowt! You must make up your own mind.
  • My Ryanair flight was delayed by 12 hours. I asked to be transferred to a flight to Manchester and was allowed to do so at no extra cost.
    The original flight should have landed at 10.55 at Leeds/Bradford and my new flight landed at 16.15 at Manchester. When I tried to claim for a delayed flight, Ryanair said that because I had changed flights then I wasn't delayed. Does anyone know where I stand on this issue?
  • adrianradrianr Forumite
    44 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    My flight was delayed 6hrs back in 2010 and RyanAir said they would not investigate due to the case being over 2 years old.
    I wrote to INAC 6 months later they who replied with more information saying it was a technical fault with the airplane. At the time I think they said it had failed on not the immediate flight before but the one before. You would think that would be sufficient time hence the 6hr delay.

So I think my quest for compensation ends here.
    Ade
  • 111KAB111KAB Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    adrianr wrote: »

So I think my quest for compensation ends here.

No No No - you are entitled to compensation but you need to fight for it - not easy so if you do not fancy the battle yourself go to a no win no fee.
  • JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voyager1 wrote: »
    My Ryanair flight was delayed by 12 hours. I asked to be transferred to a flight to Manchester and was allowed to do so at no extra cost.
    The original flight should have landed at 10.55 at Leeds/Bradford and my new flight landed at 16.15 at Manchester. When I tried to claim for a delayed flight, Ryanair said that because I had changed flights then I wasn't delayed. Does anyone know where I stand on this issue?
    An interesting one, I'm not sure but since you were delayed by both flights, I'm sure compensation is due.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help me with filling the Form A.

I have a couple of questions:

What do I put for Other details code 3 (step 6)

Place of purchase, Place of Delivery, Date of Purchase etc..?

Step 6 -Principal -Amount? Do I put here the ticket price or the compensation I am claiming for?

The claim has been assigned to the claimant by (if applicable)?

Do I leave this one blank?

Would you like to inform the court that you oppose a transfer of your case to ordinary civil proceedings in the event of opposition of the defendant to the European Payment Order?

Is this a NO?

Step 10
    Done at :? Not sure what to put in here?

Sorry for all these questions, just want to make sure everything is correct.

Thank you in advance
  • CobyBensonCobyBenson Forumite
    188 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sounds to me like you might be using the wrong form.

Make sure you're using Form A for the European Small Claims Procedure, found here:-

https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims_forms-177-en.do

I think you might be using Form A for the European Order for Payment Procedure, which is only for uncontested claims.
  • I've used Form A - Application for a European order for payment. I just followed the link posted on this forum.

I will make sure to do the right one this time.

Thanks a lot!
  • Hi,

How can I add another claimant on the Form A? I am filling it online and cant figure this one out?

Also, do I need to post recorded delivery 3 copies of Form A with all the evidence, or can I just take it to the court and pay the fee there? If not what is the easiest way to pay(UK)?

Thanks a lot!
  • Dr_WatsonDr_Watson Forumite
    451 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Medis111 wrote: »
    Hi,

How can I add another claimant on the Form A? I am filling it online and cant figure this one out?

Just put your name in firstly, you can add other claimants in section 8.1 when you give particulars of your claim.
    E.g Myself and three others in our party on delayed flight.....claiming for xxx euros each......
    Medis111 wrote: »
    Also, do I need to post recorded delivery 3 copies of Form A with all the evidence, or can I just take it to the court and pay the fee there? If not what is the easiest way to pay(UK)?

Thanks a lot!

Yes you can take your three copies of everything to your court and pay there and then.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.