IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Arking pie guile, near saint ansted runway

edited 30 November 2013 at 3:53AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
72 replies 5.6K views

Replies

• The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect that they have lost the will to live.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • edited 30 January 2014 at 2:54PM
    ampersandampersand Forumite
    9.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 January 2014 at 2:54PM
    How much longer must I keep requesting POPLA codes from pe?
    Is there no legal cut-off point?

pe say these codes were supplied on 8 January, on receipt of only one letter 'dated 2nd January fowarded to pe by Capita plc'. No letter was sent to Capita until 8 January. I was forced to this detective work after their failure to acknowledge or answer anything. Their letter, dated 13th Jan, was received 21 January and their UK Mail envelopes have no postmarks, hence no location/date details. pe are saying that a letter, signed for on 9 January, then forwarded to them, was answered on 8 January.

???

If this is not so, pe are replying to an earlier letter they deny receiving. Their statement is very clear: 'pe can confirm that no correspondence was received until your letter dated 2nd January 2014'.

I AM STILL WAITING for this, or any, POPLA code letter.

Emails, dated 22 January, regarding this failure, have not been acknowledged either by pe or BPA [suggested by parking prankster], submitted correctly via their own sites.

As registered Keeper, I recreated the 'parking events' journey recently, in daylight, although both actually took place late on foul winter nights. I took 38 'steering wheel' pics[sent to prankster:-)] of the mess that the location is. It is clear that nothing relevant is visible, even in daylight.

How can I MAKE them respond? Have now booked what is likely to be final visit back to NZ family for beloved Uncle's 90th[very much on smell of oily rag] late April to early June. I cannot leave with their 2 extortion attempts hanging over me.

What now?
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• bod1467bod1467
    15.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the NEWBIES thread for direct BPA email addresses.
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot leave with their 2 extortion attempts hanging over me.

Of course you can, these are parking matters, you are not buying a house.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    bod1467 wrote: »
    Check the NEWBIES thread for direct BPA email addresses.

Yep, rattle the BPA and DVLA cage and point out all of the above that you posted about the dates (2nd/8th Jan) and the fact you have NO POPLA code yet.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 30 January 2014 at 3:52PM
    9.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 January 2014 at 3:52PM
    Snail mail to both, as BPA email joins the unacknowledged pile:
    Patrick Troy, esq.,
    CEO -
    British Parking Association
    Stuart House, 41-43 Perrymount Road
    Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 3BN

Cc. DVLA

30 January, 2014

Dear Mr Troy,

ref: date/location

Please address this tedious matter which Parking Eye refuse to answer or act upon with any accuracy or evidence.

It is disappointing that the BPA have also failed to acknowledge or answer my email, sent 22 January, using your website’s advised address, as shown below:

f.a.o BPA,
    To whom it may concern:

I wish to complain about one of your operators, ParkingEye.

Late yesterday, 21 January 2014, I received a 2-page letter from them, dated eight days previous, '13th January 2014'. !

It refers to 2 'parking events': 141051/019494, dated 22 November 2013 and 111044/898287, dated 29 November 2013.

Despite my many emails and RD letters [signatures captured and retained] they deny having received any correspondence from me prior to a letter forwarded to them by 'Capita Plc',[one of 2 ref.s found for the Company Secretary, sent in desperation after PE's repeated failures to acknowledge or answer emails or letters] dated '2nd January 2014'.

No such letter was written to that addressee on that date.

Their response is unclear, appearing to state POPLA codes were provided after my appeal was rejected. !

I am unaware of this rejection. !

I am not in receipt of popla codes, despite at least 15 logged requests - phone, emails, letters, dating from 2 December 2013.!

I have NOT heard from POPLA, but 'phoned them this morning.[Call timed and costed] They confirm it is up to ParkingEye to computer-generate and send these codes.

I have asked that they do so by return, in a properly postmarked Royal Mail envelope[not UK Mail],so place and date of posting are evident to both parties.

I also advise them to obtain and retain Proof of Posting.

In closing, I reiterate I have sent multiple appeal letters and emails and filled in website forms since 2 December 2013[all returned thus]:

###
    ** Action required - your e-mail has NOT been processed **!Thank you for contacting ParkingEye.!Please be aware we have recently upgraded our Appeals process to allow submission of Appeals via our Web Site. ! Please submit appeals using: !http://www.parkingeye.co.uk/AppealIf you cannot use the web form, then please send a written appeal to:Appeals,PO Box 565,Chorley,PR6 6HT###

Until receipt of yesterday's demonstrably inaccurate letter, 8 days old, I had not received a single reply or acknowledgment.!

I still await popla codes.

This is against your code of practice. I am 65 years old and this is costing me time and money I cannot afford.

Please could you investigate this?

May I also strongly urge you investigate the level of 'charge' implied in these 'invoice'-style documents: your code of practice states that charges must be a TRUE pre-estimate of loss.!

Given that ParkingEye's accounts show a clear 30% profit from these charges, they are breaching your own Code.!One might well consider this to be the more serious breach of the two. !I would appreciate a full investigation into the 'evidence' Parking Eye supply to justify such 'charge' levels.

Equally, I look forward to your reply.
    Thankyou,

Simultaneously, I sent this further email to PE, using their re-jigged email submission facility:

Late yesterday, 21 January 2014, I received a 2-page letter from you, dated '13th January 2014'. !

It refers to 2 'parking events': 141051/019494, dated 22 November 2013 and 111044/898287, dated 29 November 2013.

Despite emails and RD letters [signatures captured and retained] you deny having received any correspondence from me prior to a letter forwarded to you by ‘Capita plc, dated 2nd January 2014'.

Your letter is unclear, appearing to state POPLA codes were provided after my appeal was rejected. !

I am unaware of this rejection. !
    I am not in receipt of popla codes.

You have not provided popla codes for either 'parking event', despite at least 15 logged requests from me

Please refer to your penultimate para.!I have NOT heard from POPLA, but 'phoned them this morning.[Call timed and costed]
    They reiterate it is!up to you to send these codes.

Please do so by return, in a properly postmarked Royal Mail envelope[not UK Mail],so place and date of posting are evidence for us both.

I advise you to obtain and retain a Certificate of Posting.

Thankyou for your attention.

&!
    This, too, remains unacknowledged, unanswered. To reiterate:

I have had only one letter from PE, despite over[now] 20 emails, calls and Signed For letters. Further, as Registered Keeper, I have now journeyed and recreated the alleged ‘parking events’, taken over 30 photographs which will be used in Court against PE to recover my costs.

PE say codes were supplied on 8 January, on receipt of one letter 'dated 2nd January forwarded to PE by Capita plc'. A letter was sent to 'Capita Group Secretary Ltd' [the very peculiar styling of their Company Secretary name], but not until 7 January.!

I was forced to this detective work after PE failure to acknowledge or answer anything.!

Their letter, dated 13th Jan, was received by me on 21 January and their UK Mail envelopes bear no postmarks, hence no location/date details. !

They!would have me believe that a letter, signed for on 9 January, then forwarded from their Company Secretary to them, was answered on 8 January.

If this is not so, PE are replying to an earlier letter they deny receiving. Their statement is very clear: 'PE can confirm that no correspondence was received until your letter dated 2nd January 2014'.

I phoned POPLA on 22 January[Craig], from 11.25 - 11.39h[timed and costed]. He advised me that transcripts of that call could be made available for Court Proceedings against Parking Eye if necessary.

Please can you force PE to send me POPLA Codes? Is there no legal cut-off point for their supply?

I realise you have not been privy to any of this - your good fortune.
    On the other hand, at 65[yes, OAP, with all the strict, Old School budgeting that implies] I am having to cope with the expense, time and stress that this shabby pursuit - £200 from 2 unenforceable documents mimicking invoices - has subjected me to for 2 months now.

At further expense, as Registered Keeper, I recreated the alleged 'parking events' journey recently in daylight, although both actually took place late on foul winter nights. I took over 30 'steering wheel' pictures of the mess that the location is. It is clear that nothing relevant is visible, even in daylight. When budget permits, I will make a further journey[to be added into my Recovery of Costs schedule]seeking ’the 40 signs, placed at the entrance, exit and throughout the site stating the terms and conditions.’ Such signs are clear and well-placed at xx retail area, which I have also photographed. Not so at yy.

I do not break Laws.

I would never do anything to put my careful budget at risk. XX have a dubious reputation for evidence and accuracy, with high ratings for inefficiency and bullying with regard to Appeals and correspondence.

Be assured that I will not let this go. You will note my letter is fully signed, unlike the only effort from XX which closes:[sic]

‘Yours Sincerely,

XX Team’. It is unsigned.

Yours faithfully,
    &
    #########
    Will this do?
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it is better sent to Steve Clark, not Patrick Troy, IMHO. And David Dunford at the DVLA too.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 27 August 2014 at 12:02PM
    9.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 August 2014 at 12:02PM
    All done c-m, thankyou.
    Courteous, helpful auto-response from Steve Clarke, in London mtgs today, so also copied, as suggested, to stand-in.
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

• ampersandampersand Forumite
    9.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hier,em to Steve Clarke:

'Hello Mr Clarke,
    I am emailing this, which you should also receive as hard copy.
    This, my latest effort to get some accuracy, intelligence and sense from this PE circus, is also being sent under both formats, to your CEO, Patrick Troy, esq., and David Dunford of the DVLA.
    I am surprised that no-one, certainly not a single addressee of 5 Recorded Delivery letters[signatures captured and retained]has seen fit to reply to my detailed questions in any letter or email sent since this nonsense began late November.
    It seems that only spurious demands for money are sent with haste.
    -blah,&.'

To which, this reply:

'Dear &,
    I have spoken to PE about this matter and they have committed to send you the relevant POPLA codes. They will be structured in such a way that will allow you 28 days from receipt of them to make your appeal to POPLA.
    I believe that I have discharged my responsibilities in regards to this matter and have closed the file accordingly.
    I have copied Mr Troy and Mr Dunford into this e-mail as you had also corresponded with them.
    May I wish you every success with your POPLA appeals.
    Kind regards
    name/title
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

• ampersandampersand Forumite
    9.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make I make everyone aware of this excellent direction being investigated by the redoubtable Prankster today?:

Reclaim Service Launched
    http://parking-prankster.com/reclaim.html

If it's already up, tant mieux. If not, please spread it about.
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals