Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled! - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

662 replies 494.9K views

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    85K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Astonishingly stupid of the Co-op, this is their members' money and they do not have to pay these. Also do not for one moment pay NPE up front (imagine if the Co-op don't actually send the cheque to you!) and in any case under the POFA 2012 they can't claim £149 anyway, it's too high.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • "in any case under the POFA 2012 they can't claim £149 anyway"

Actually the POFA 2012 doesn't apply to situations like this. I refer you instead to section 32 of the 1986 Salmon Act where this sort of controversy is covered specifically.

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/62

Regards :D
  • edited 12 January 2014 at 12:55AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    85K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 January 2014 at 12:55AM
    Nice try at fishing, Cam O'Pound.

x
  • You got a stalker C-M? :D
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    85K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Found out it was friend not foe!
  • Hi All,

Firstly thank you -

I was all set to ignore the letters from parking eye, and was looking forward to laughing at their pathetic approach each attempt at communication.

on reviewing these forums, it was apparent i needed a change of approach.

i was 15 minutes over a 3 hour limit "managed" by parking eye.
    i received a letter demanding £100, or £60 if i paid with a few days.

i called the manager at our local strikers pleasure bowl, Tamworth, expressed anger about the situation, he checked i was a customer, and has now contact parking eye to cancel.

I am yet to receive conformation from Parking eye - but i feel the matter is now dealt with.

thanks again forum crew!:T:T:beer:
  • Folks,

Starbucks Central Customer Care, Parking Eye Ltd, WB South Mimms (M25)

CANCELLED BY STARBUCKS CUSTOMER CARE.

I have today received official notification from a nice chap at Starbucks Customer Care whom I approached with my gripe about being sent a fake PCN.

Chap moved heaven and earth to get the PCN cancelled relatively easily. :)

If anyone has any issues with WB South Mimms I would make SB the first port of call
  • edited 22 January 2014 at 11:35AM
    zoonyxzoonyx Forumite
    189 posts
    edited 22 January 2014 at 11:35AM
    Squibworth wrote: »
    Folks,

Starbucks Central Customer Care, Parking Eye Ltd, WB South Mimms (M25)

CANCELLED BY STARBUCKS CUSTOMER CARE.

I have today received official notification from a nice chap at Starbucks Customer Care whom I approached with my gripe about being sent a fake PCN.

Chap moved heaven and earth to get the PCN cancelled relatively easily. :)

If anyone has any issues with WB South Mimms I would make SB the first port of call

That's bizarre as the WB Starbucks are not all that much to do with Starbucks... it's clearly just about brand image. You can't even use Starbucks cards at WB.

Well done! I need to post a link to my own success here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64354742&postcount=40

TPS, Didn't display valid permit, TPS gave up before going to POPLA (but it was made clear we would be).
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    28.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    successful soft appeal against Smart Parking here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4862027
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    28.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    successful appeal here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4868096 against JAS parking

they folded at the initial popla stage , prior to any assessor throwing it out ;)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se