edited 13 October 2017 at 12:22PM in Flight Delay Compensation
3.7K replies 624.3K views

Replies

• Dr_WatsonDr_Watson Forumite
    451 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    clunky1965 wrote: »
    The fun and games have started. After ringing my local county court i explained i wanted to claim against an Irish based company using the European small claims procedure. I was told that all money claims are now dealt with County Court money claims service and i was given a number and an address. After looking it up and finding no reference to ESCP i rang the number and was given another number which was for the Royal Court of Justice, after ringing this number i was told that i could send my documents to them and they would process them through the correct court.
    This sounds all a bit of a run around and reflects what other posters have said about local courts not sure of the procedure.
    I think i will take the documents myself to my local County court.
    Would anyone have any suggestions please?

Not sure about the Royal Court of Justice, but if they say they can process the documents on your behalf then possibly try them.
    It does sound familiar about a local court not knowing anything about the process, mine didn't either.
    I contacted the court in my nearest major city (Sheffield Combined Court Centre) and they were aware of the process so I used them.
    If you take your documents to your local court it sounds like they will look at you rather blankly.
    Or give Sheffield a ring/ e mail....
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • My local court who are unaware of the procedure is Bristol.
    Anyway i have now emailed Sheffield court to see what they say.
    Can you use any County court in England? I take it that it hasnt got to be your local court.
    I can see why Ryanair only get involved when ESCP is used, they hope that people get bogged down and give up.
    Got to keep going with it:
    451 Posts
    ✭✭
    My local court who are unaware of the procedure is Bristol.
    Anyway i have now emailed Sheffield court to see what they say.
    Can you use any County court in England? I take it that it hasnt got to be your local court.

I'm a little surprised that Bristol haven't heard of the process as they are an appeal centre serving the South West, also too are Exeter and Winchester. I'm not aware of any geographical issue with using whatever court you choose to issue your claim, if you get the knock back from Sheffield for geographical reasons then try Exeter or Winchester.

I can see why Ryanair only get involved when ESCP is used, they hope that people get bogged down and give up.
    Got to keep going with it:

Oh yes Ryanair want you to go away...problems issuing claims through the ESCP unfortunately do help them and can ...and probably do put people off.
    Keep going as you say, plenty on here will guide you, as you have shown that you are willing to put in the effort ...which will always get you help on here.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

• VaubanVauban Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Listen to Dr. Watson: he has victors' spurs on such matters!
  • blondmarkblondmark Forumite
    456 Posts
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    Surmise and presumption ...only blondmark could say.
    One thing is for sure blondmark was a real thorn in Ryanair's side on this forum....
    They are big boots to fill, but what satisfaction the role must bring...being Ryanair's constant thorn in their side....

Well cheers! Truth is I agreed a generous out-of-court settlement with their charming solicitor (he really is!), part of which was not to disclose any details about it, and to remove all references to it in these forums :silenced:. There's still plenty of excellent advice here without my 2 pence worth though!
  • edited 7 January 2014 at 3:06PM
    JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 January 2014 at 3:06PM
    blondmark wrote: »
    Well cheers! Truth is I agreed a generous out-of-court settlement with their charming solicitor (he really is!), part of which was not to disclose any details about it, and to remove all references to it in these forums :silenced:. There's still plenty of excellent advice here without my 2 pence worth though!
    Congratulations. I hope you haggled :) Was that a complete public and private gagging agreement, or just public? The airlines are so touchy about information being "out there" ;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    451 Posts
    ✭✭
    blondmark wrote: »

Your Welcome! And well done blondmark (AKA Ryanair's thorn in their side). IMO anyway...

Now as for those big boots to fill..

• JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    What stage are you at Dr W?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • David_eDavid_e Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    JPears wrote: »
    Was that a complete public and private gagging agreement, or just public? The airlines are so touchy about information being "out there"

Another fact that demonstrates their honesty and integrity!
    451 Posts
    ✭✭
    JPears wrote: »
    What stage are you at Dr W?

JPears, post 519 is where I'm at...