edited 23 October 2014 at 10:26AM in Energy
714 replies 172.5K views

Replies

• DustykittenDustykitten Forumite
    16.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finash wrote: »
    They don't answer their helplines, or reply to emails. They've owed me over £250 since I left them at the beginning of November. The account is closed, final bill paid, all done online, they just won't send me my money! Seems like they do this to everyone that leaves them, so I will be adding interest charges when I write to their Complaints Director on Monday morning giving him a deadline for sorting it out before I take legal advice!

They owe me too, but not nearly as much. I was told I'd get the payment by cheque in about 6 weeks after waiting for 50 minutes for the phone to be answered.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • elle_mayelle_may Forumite
    272 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Switched to sp nov26 though cheap energy club in 4-6 weeks.contacted by sp and kept informed all the way asked for meter readings and this was put onto my new account as atlantic had been to read my meter. so i suppose they both agreed very quickly. Now on xmas eve sp has sent their meter reader a month later so my readings should be spot on. Atlantic get my thanks too as they have given my final bill, paid my loyalty bonus and my g&e credit in record time. Just need my cheap energy club payment now. I am feeling the love from both these energy firms ,long may it last.
  • 20102010 Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    elle_may wrote: »
    I am feeling the love from both these energy firms ,long may it last.

Well with SP it will last until you switch again, then you`ll feel the hate trying to get your in credit money paid back to you without a lot of hassle.

Read the horror stories on their own facebook page.
  • elle_mayelle_may Forumite
    272 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Well, what can i say. i praise when i have had good service and complain when i dont. I just thought after reading other horror stories on all the energy companies i give a little hope that not all switches have gone wrong, and that we should still keep getting the best deals we can. I cant help being an optimist. MERRY CHRISTMAS.
  • edited 26 December 2013 at 11:54AM
    POLAR_BILLPOLAR_BILL Forumite
    142 posts
    edited 26 December 2013 at 11:54AM
    Can you not see the contradiction here? Maybe when you have a problem, you'll change your opinion?

I was not saying I have never had problems, merely that I have not had any problems with Scottish Power.

If I have a problem, then yes I may well change my opinion, but for now, ever the optimist I will stay satisfied with Scottish Power.
  • mrcurly1975mrcurly1975 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    32 posts
    finash wrote: »
    They don't answer their helplines, or reply to emails. They've owed me over £250 since I left them at the beginning of November. The account is closed, final bill paid, all done online, they just won't send me my money! Seems like they do this to everyone that leaves them, so I will be adding interest charges when I write to their Complaints Director on Monday morning giving him a deadline for sorting it out before I take legal advice!

Exactly the same problem. I have raised a complaint and received an email saying the balance would be paid within 5 working days. That was on 17th December....its now 31st December and still no money refunded.

Appalling service....don't touch this company with a ten foot barge pole.
  • Dave_saveDave_save Forumite
    346 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Exactly the same problem. I have raised a complaint and received an email saying the balance would be paid within 5 working days. That was on 17th December....its now 31st December and still no money refunded.

Appalling service....don't touch this company with a ten foot barge pole.

This is exactly the same as me. I left Scottish Power on 5th November, having been promised the refund of my credit. After chasing for 3 weeks, I received the final bill on 11th December. I have phoned several times and e mailed, yet still they have not given me my credit owed. The last time I called them was 30th December, and they give the reason for the delay as 'this is the industry standard for all suppliers'.

Very shoddy company, poor customer service, and they will not be receiving my custom in the future.
  • edited 31 December 2013 at 5:05PM
    20102010 Forumite
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 December 2013 at 5:05PM
    I might as well add my 2p worth.
    Left SP on 24th Nov. and despite phone calls and emails, no refund of my in credit balance.
    Logged a complaint on 23rd Dec. and received the following via email.

I have raised a complaint under reference xxxxxxxxx and escalated this to our Customer Care Team.

This team is dedicated to resolving customer complaints. They will investigate the issue(s) you have raised and contact you within the next 5 working days to give you an update and/or resolve your complaint.

A full explanation of our complaints procedure is available at:
    [URL="wlmailhtml:{BD7816DA-C519-4A29-833B-8D77FDB20A6D}mid://00000005/!x-usc:http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/support-centre/service-and-standards/complaints.aspx"]http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/support-centre/service-and-standards/complaints.aspx[/URL]

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused in the delay of your refund.

The five working days are up on the 2nd Jan. although I`m not expecting much to happen.
    "The team is dedicated to resolving customer complaints."
    That`s dead easy, pay what you owe me.

It`s pretty obvious this lot know they have about eight weeks to keep your money before you can even go to the Ombudsman and that`s after logging a complaint.

They`re a shoddy company who won`t even be considered when I switch again.
    What they need is a small claims summons issued to them, maybe then they`ll get the message.

As for Ofgem, they`re not interested. (as usual)

ps I notice their link above is not valid, says it all!
  • 20102010 Forumite
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.facebook.com/ScottishPower

Scroll down passed the Santas and read the posts about this useless company.
    Click on "view more comments" and read even more dissatisfaction about them.

Avoid at all costs.
  • Transfer to Scottish Power went smoothly.

Since being a customer the website has been poor but getting better.

The customer service is appalling. Well trained and polite staff but long waiting times and an inability to do anything productive.

After 6 months of being a customer my Direct Debit payment were adjusted up by over £30 despite my account being in credit by a large amount and my usage staying constant.

I decided to move for a better deal, the move to the other provider went smoothly however 3 months on Scottish Power have still failed to refund me the credit balance of my account despite me having final bills for both gas and electricity.

After much complaining they finally released a cheque for part of the credit balance (still not received and they say than can not refund via any other method than a cheque in the mail) and I have still a substantial amount of credit in my account that they still haven't released.

It takes ages to get through and their ring back system takes over 2 hours to ring you back. When you get through the Customer Service rep doesn't have any of the relevant info you already supplied when ringing.

Twice I've been put through to different departments and twice I've been cut off during the transfer. I feel I have no other option left open to me than to take make a claim through the small claims court.

If there is one thing I'm sure of, it's that will not be using them as a provider in the future!