'Free unlimited calls? My !!!!!' Blog discussion

123457»

Replies

• Paul_HerringPaul_Herring Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loobeylou wrote: »
    I have been with the TPS for some years now, but was called the other evening by a kitchen company - I went along with the call to get their details, but when I eventually stated I was with TPS she indicated that I should be re-registering every now and then and that is why her call slipped through.

Does anyone know any different, as I was under the impression you didn't need to keep re-registering.

She's lying to cover up the fact they're ringing people they shouldn't - report the company.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/faq/#sixteen
    16. Do I need to renew my subscription with the TPS?

If you have registered a residential number or a number belonging to a sole trader or (except in Scotland) partnership, you do not need to renew.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • I don't answer any of their calls, they can talk to my answering machine, and after I delete the messages. My children, age 14yrs and 9yrs are also trained not to answer these calls and they do take heed.
  • Lulu58Lulu58 Forumite
    229 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I have been receiving these calls for some months now, and our number is ex directory so I'm guessing it's an auto ringer like Martin's.

Did Martin, or anyone else, find out who the company is who is making these calls so we can report them to the TPS or ICO?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals