Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

edited 13 October 2017 at 1:22PM in Flight Delay Compensation
3.7K replies 625.4K views

Replies

• Even if it took them 5hrs to get a bus to us to get us to Eindhoven?
  • richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's about 83km from Eindhoven to Weeze, so shouldn't take long by road.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • edited 20 November 2013 at 6:11PM
    David_eDavid_e Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 20 November 2013 at 6:11PM
    auntiekim wrote: »
    About 5 hours after we initally landed (around 8pm) the 2nd and 3rd buses finally arrived and we were taken onto Eindhoven and arrived there about 9:00pm. Do I have a legit claim?

The weather may be an Extraordinary Circumstance but I don't see how taking 5 hours to get you to the original destination 1 hour away shows that they did all they could to avoid the delay.
  • Dr_WatsonDr_Watson Forumite
    451 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Vauban wrote: »
    No compensation due if it's clearly a weather-related problem with landing.

I'd check the weather conditions at Eindhoven at the time of your scheduled arrival and also whether or not other flights were able to land or take off.
    Not saying that Ryanair could be making it up of course....
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Mark2sparkMark2spark Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a complicated one, inasmuch as that the fog, - if true - would be a valid EC, however, the second test, of the airline taking all reasonable measures, has not been established to fullfilment.

The complication arises in that you have to get a judge to understand that, I mean truly understand the scope of the regulation and the subsequent case law, whilst he is bombarded by male cow poo from a RA barrister.
    451 Posts
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Mark2spark;bombarded_by_male_cow_poo_from_a_RA_barrister.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes ....plenty of that to come from Ryanair.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

• JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bumped to keep it above flotsam and clutter...
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Medis111Medis111 Forumite
    56 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Sue Ryanair ... Safely post has been deleted..

Can someone post another link or just post on here, how to sue Ryanair in UK?

Thanks
    451 Posts
    ✭✭
    Medis111 wrote: »
    Sue Ryanair ... Safely post has been deleted..

Can someone post another link or just post on here, how to sue Ryanair in UK?

Thanks

It certainly has.....
    But anyway here goes.
    Firstly I presume you have suffered delay/ cancellation in line with the thresholds and reasons required by 261/2004.
    As per page 1 of the thread on here, send Ryanair (RA) a letter before action using the templates provided.
    They may respond...they probably won't.
    After giving them the notice you gave in your LBA, start court proceedings using the European Small Claims Process (ESCP).

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/european-union-cross-border-claims

This process allows consumers to start cross border claims similar to using the small claims court used here in the UK for a claim against a UK based company.

The form you need to populate to start with is Form A.
    Provide as much detail as you can on this including your reasons for starting the claim, and what you have done to try and resolve the issue with RA. Your LBA for example and any reply.
    Next you need to issue this through the courts. This can be tricky.
    Some courts are just not up to speed with the ESCP. Check with the court you intend to use first....in my experience go for one in your nearest major city.
    You will need to take three copies of your Form A and the relevant issue fee ( around £80).
    Once issued the court will send RA the papers then sit back and wait for any response...(probably none).

Ok so far?
    Do please read my posts on my journey ....any questions get back to me.

The reason ESCP is 'safe' to sue Ryanair is explained pretty well in the process itself.
    It basically limits any appeal they may have against a decision given in your favour and doesn't expose yourself to ridiculous costs if any such appeal granted then goes in RA's favour.
    There are posts early in the RA thread where one consumer went down the Irish Small Claims Route and was concerned about the possible costs of this....

• Medis111Medis111 Forumite
    56 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    It certainly has.....
    But anyway here goes.
    Firstly I presume you have suffered delay/ cancellation in line with the thresholds and reasons required by 261/2004.
    As per page 1 of the thread on here, send Ryanair (RA) a letter before action using the templates provided.
    They may respond...they probably won't.
    After giving them the notice you gave in your LBA, start court proceedings using the European Small Claims Process (ESCP).

This process allows consumers to start cross border claims similar to using the small claims court used here in the UK for a claim against a UK based company.

The form you need to populate to start with is Form A.
    Provide as much detail as you can on this including your reasons for starting the claim, and what you have done to try and resolve the issue with RA. Your LBA for example and any reply.
    Next you need to issue this through the courts. This can be tricky.
    Some courts are just not up to speed with the ESCP. Check with the court you intend to use first....in my experience go for one in your nearest major city.
    You will need to take three copies of your Form A and the relevant issue fee ( around £80).
    Once issued the court will send RA the papers then sit back and wait for any response...(probably none).

Ok so far?
    Do please read my posts on my journey ....any questions get back to me.

The reason ESCP is 'safe' to sue Ryanair is explained pretty well in the process itself.
    It basically limits any appeal they may have against a decision given in your favour and doesn't expose yourself to ridiculous costs if any such appeal granted then goes in RA's favour.
    There are posts early in the RA thread where one consumer went down the Irish Small Claims Route and was concerned about the possible costs of this....

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I will not need to attend any hearings for this? Just want to know if all it is going to cost me is £80.

Thank you in advance.