» »

Microfilters are Important for a Great Broadband Connection - Page 10

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Microfilters are Important for a Great Broadband Connection

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
96 replies 108.9K views
14567810»

Replies

• edited 3 December 2011 at 10:23PM
    MyserMyser Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 3 December 2011 at 10:23PM
    No, the DECT phone can be on another extension. So long as you have a micro-filter on each telephone socket.

Edit: Just re-read your post. Do you only have one main socket and no extensions in the house?
    If my post hasn't helped you, then don't click the 'Thanks' button! ;)
  • thelofttheloft Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Myser wrote: »
    No, the DECT phone can be on another extension. So long as you have a micro-filter on each telephone socket. Edit: Just re-read your post. Do you only have one main socket and no extensions in the house?

Couldn't believe that this thread has had no queries for 2 years !!
    Anyway my query is this:- I am aware that microfilters need to be changed periodically (why?) but am not getting a problem with Broadband, but I am with my Dect phone system. This could be the age of the system but do microfilters have an effect on the telephone as well. Have 2 new mf on order but just wondered if this could be the problem. Have posted this on home phones as well just in case I get blasted for posting on the wrong thread......
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • LeeUKLeeUK Forumite
    6.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    theloft wrote: »
    Couldn't believe that this thread has had no queries for 2 years !!
    Anyway my query is this:- I am aware that microfilters need to be changed periodically (why?) but am not getting a problem with Broadband, but I am with my Dect phone system. This could be the age of the system but do microfilters have an effect on the telephone as well. Have 2 new mf on order but just wondered if this could be the problem. Have posted this on home phones as well just in case I get blasted for posting on the wrong thread......

I'm still using the BT MF50 microfilters I got with AOL broadband over 10 years ago. Still working fine.

Mind I do have a stack of other unused filters from the various broadband providers since. :rotfl:
  • penrhynpenrhyn Forumite
    15.2K posts
    You are not alone, Got at least half a dozen around the house, all surplus since BT fitted aVSDL filtered face plate. which is much neater than dangling dongles.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Patr100Patr100 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Never ever heard or read that micro filters need to be changed "periodically".
    No reason that I can think of.
    ---I Shop Therefore I Am ---
  • teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had to replace two or three over the years. I can't remember what the problem was , each time, but a change (suggested by the provider) sorted it.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support