Forum Home» Phones & TV» Mobiles

MSE News: Vodafone ups call costs for PAYG customers - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: Vodafone ups call costs for PAYG customers

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
16 replies 2.6K views
2»

Replies

• I'll be completely honest, the only reason I'm still with them after years of incompetence from them is my own laziness :/
    Going to have to make a change asap!

Heard today from Vodafone (I am on a monthly contract), that from now, customers who pay there bill by any system other that direct debit, will be charged an extra £3.53 + VAT per month. Now I am sure that Vodafone have carefully checked their position but ..? also if any other payment system is used they will charge a penalty - 2% I believe.
    This to me smacks of cash flow problems! They assure me that under the terms of their agreement with customers they can do this (I challenged them on what I believed was a change in the original contract - seems they've got that covered. Anyone any comments - a way out of the contract? :(
  • Maybe they're trying to scrape together some cash to pay their outstanding tax bill?
    Businesses using 084, 087 or 09 numbers will soon need to display details of the inbuilt Service Charge under Ofcom's "unbundled tariffs" plans.

Businesses using 084, 087 or 09 numbers for customer service, complaints, renewals, etc, will need to swap to an 01, 02, 03 or 080 number before the Consumer Rights Directive comes into effect June 2014.
  • NFHNFH Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Vigour wrote: »
    Heard today from Vodafone (I am on a monthly contract), that from now, customers who pay there bill by any system other that direct debit, will be charged an extra £3.53 + VAT per month. Now I am sure that Vodafone have carefully checked their position but ..? also if any other payment system is used they will charge a penalty - 2% I believe.
    This to me smacks of cash flow problems! They assure me that under the terms of their agreement with customers they can do this (I challenged them on what I believed was a change in the original contract - seems they've got that covered. Anyone any comments - a way out of the contract? :(
    There is another thread on this specific subject. Please post there.

Vodafone Direct Debit No Charge
  • Screwed up by ASDA mobile's U-turns I'm looking for the cheapest PAYG provider that supports a 2G phone. To my surprise, MSE does not have a ready-made answer to this. Where can I go for help, :money:?
  • ZhugeEXZhugeEX Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Screwed up by ASDA mobile's U-turns I'm looking for the cheapest PAYG provider that supports a 2G phone. To my surprise, MSE does not have a ready-made answer to this. Where can I go for help, :money:?

Look at Ovivo and Giff Gaff.
  • warheadwarhead Forumite
    321 posts
    ✭✭
    As mentioned above there is Giff Gaff (which is part of O2) who charge 10p a minute and now Sainsburys supermarket have teamed up with Vodafone to offer calls at 8p a minute and according to their website there is no minimum call charge and they charge by the second.
    Ovivo work on the principle of sending adverts to your smartphone to fund the service so it's not suitable for basic 2G only phones.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support