Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - Page 1094

New Post Advanced Search

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
11K replies 741.1K views

Replies

• Gonzo1987Gonzo1987 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Nothing in freezer for last couple of days - lots out, OH has been eating the smilies/fish fingers and potato waffles.

Store cupboard dinner of Lentil curry tonight, with a Naan out the freezer.

Hopefully won't need to buy anything except some tomato puree and maybe some bread til payday!
  • Out of freezer - Rabbit for a stew. Hopefully it will last a few meals. Some of the dreaded pasta has also been thawed. Hubby is happy with tuna pasta bake for his lunch as long as it's not too dry.
    Still can't see the bottom of the freezer 'cos I've bought enough pasta to feed an army but the mountain is getting smaller. :T

I'm afraid my weekly budget dictates that I use more out of the freezer and become more creative on stretching out meals. Must go for cheaper cuts as well. I want to use my new slow cooker and I believe cheaper cuts make very tasty meals when cooked slowly. :D

In - Nothing.
    'If you are not in the 'arena' also getting your a55 kicked then, I'm not interested in your feedback.' Thank you.
  • Been MIA from here for a bit!

Nearly emptied my freezer now and in the process of batch cooking to restock it.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • Been cooking at my grandmas today.

I walked I. With a packet of reduced cheese crackers, 6 pears off my tree, a strawberry yogurt and I gave her 3 special k bar's, she was in the middle of cooking,but I said I had come to cook she stopped cooking and said she would finish tomorrow, I shared my lunch with her, she then had the pack of biscuits, a special k bar, then said you are starving me! Lol.

I cooked honey and soy chicken wings, chilli noodles and also made a ginger cake which was so soft I thought it wasn't cooked, but my gram said it deffo was, had dinner, my grandma was like I'll have my yogurt, then she was like let's try the cake lol which was delicious! At least I know she's not here starving, will leave her with the remainder of the wings and some noodles for lunch and enough cake for her and my uncle.

My grandma doesn't have any scales, I'm buying her some for Christmas!.

So nothing used up Today, but spent time with my grandma.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • FlorenceemFlorenceem Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    In to freezer - nothing.
    Out of freezer - HM Spinach Quiche - for tomorrow's dinner. Plus crumpets + tub of rice dish - for Mr F to eat as I am going away and leaving him to fend for himself.
    Easy - use up stuff meal tonight - we had fries + breaded chicken + roasted beetroot, celery, carrots & onion.
    Wednesdaysdinner_zps8433a989.jpg
    15 in 2015 1/15
  • Florenceem wrote: »
    In to freezer - nothing.
    Out of freezer - HM Spinach Quiche - for tomorrow's dinner. Plus crumpets + tub of rice dish - for Mr F to eat as I am going away and leaving him to fend for himself.
    Easy - use up stuff meal tonight - we had fries + breaded chicken + roasted beetroot, celery, carrots & onion.
    Wednesdaysdinner_zps8433a989.jpg

The breaded chicken looks nice where is that from??
  • Flo that is the fullest plate I've seen from you!
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Gonzo1987Gonzo1987 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    In - nothing!

Out - quorn fillets and maybe some corn on the cob also using some of the hundred ofpotatoes we have. Also out a wWarburton thin.
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    sharond101 wrote: »
    The breaded chicken looks nice where is that from??
    No idea - Mr F must have got it somewhere - not something - I would buy!
    15 in 2015 1/15
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flo that is the fullest plate I've seen from you!
    It was a small dinner plate. However I am trying to eat a bit more - lost another pound in weight. I am feeling the cold much more - no flesh on my bones. I am going back to the Doctor in two weeks time for a check on my weight.
    15 in 2015 1/15
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support