Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs - Page 54

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs

edited 21 January 2014 at 11:52AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
2.4K replies 276.5K views

Replies

• princeofpoundsprinceofpounds Forumite
    8.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would really appreciate the right words to stick on an FOI so there is no wriggle-room... by ignoring me, he has made me mad and I'm not nice when I'm mad

Sorry I haven't been following your particular posts on this, but probably the route you should be looking at is an official complaint followed by a complaint to the local government ombudsman if a council official is refusing to do their job. Of course it helps if you mention the intention to go to the ombudsman in your complaint!

Hope that's relevant to you. Good luck.
  • Kite2010Kite2010 Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    trisontana wrote: »
    Is there a link?

I will do a scan tomorrow. It was in the magazine
  • trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    I will do a scan tomorrow. It was in the magazine

Thanks. I did take a look on their online edition but couldn't find anything,
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Hey guys I also had the same problem, letter came through the post with pictures of my car reg and stated I had overstayed my 2 hours free parking total fine £90 after 14 days you know the rest.

Do I also have any legs to stand on in this case as there no ticket machines to pay for overstay ?
  • trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kingmoyle wrote: »
    Hey guys I also had the same problem, letter came through the post with pictures of my car reg and stated I had overstayed my 2 hours free parking total fine £90 after 14 days you know the rest.

Do I also have any legs to stand on in this case as there no ticket machines to pay for overstay ?

Could you please start your own thread, as this one is just about Aldi's Facebook page.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Kite2010Kite2010 Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    trisontana wrote: »
    Thanks. I did take a look on their online edition but couldn't find anything,

And as promised

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2d7d8bp.jpg
  • Wow - that was close - BOUNCE !
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day dawns and another rash of PE issues are raising their heads on the Aldi FB page.

A number of POPLA wins are being broadcast there, and they are all wins on the pre-estimate of losses issue. Aldi are being warned about the nature of these extortions of money, and based on the growing number of these cases, it will only take one person who has paid the charge and who has enough determination and financial clout to take it higher and the whole house of cards will come tumbling down. That day must be getting ever closer.

............. leaving Aldi facing the potential of law suits resembling the PPI mis-selling and illegal bank charges scandals. They can do their own maths, but the number of cases must run into tens and tens of thousands ............ and the potential bill into £millions.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • edited 26 September 2013 at 11:44AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    85K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 September 2013 at 11:44AM
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    ............. leaving Aldi facing the potential of law suits resembling the PPI mis-selling and illegal bank charges scandals. They can do their own maths, but the number of cases must run into tens and tens of thousands ............ and the potential bill into £millions.

I do agree with you and have thought about this before, particularly with Supermarkets. People should be suing the Supermarkets, particularly if they have actually paid out money to these agents.

Most often, we see that a driver is accused of a minimal 'overstay' (say up to 20 mins) which could easily have been caused by taking something back at the CS desk before doing their shopping, getting lottery tickets or cigarettes at a kiosk as well as shopping, waiting for an order or item to be brought to the shelf or CS desk, or simply queuing at the tills.

It has to be worth suing the Supermarket (or threatening to) especially if they have caused an overstay and, as always, haven't even bothered to put a sign up explaining that in fact there's a secret clause that genuine customers are exempt if they simply show their receipts.

'Misleading omission' = unfair hidden get-out-of-jail-free term in the 'contract'; the silence about it causing detriment to the customer.

UTCCR 1999 applies, in my view and I posted a thread about this 'misleading omission' argument somewhere.

The agent cannot be allowed to profit from these cases (and disability discrimination ones) in particular and this would seem fairly easy to argue legally!

:mad:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • razor142 wrote: »
    've had the displeasure of speaking to Rachel from 'Aldi customer services'(I won't put the full name, but she seems to be very well know).

My wife parked in fareham Aldi, spent a long time in there shopping, and occidentally overstayed by 12 minutes. She has the receipt showing till time.

I phoned Aldi customer service upon receiving the first ParkingEye invoice and I was told that if we could produce a receipt, the invoice would be cancelled, and that this needed to be done via ParkingEye
    So we sent out our letter, with explanation of busy tills at Aldi, with our copy of the receipt etc...
    All that we got back was another invoice saying our appeal time was up and that we had to pay £70.
    We then wrote to Aldi customer services explaining everything again, with copies etc... Today I received the disappointing call from Rachel. She informed me that Parking had never received my appeal letter and that she would forward it onto them. OK, great. She then added that it was down to Parking Eye to review and cancel if it's appropriate. I queried this as my previous phone conversation seemed to indicate that it would be Aldi cancelling invoices, after seeing receipts etc... This is when I asked to speak to a manager and was told this was not possible, twice, with no further explanation.

So at the moment, we are facing an invoice for £70 for a whole 12 minutes extra, which seems overkill.
    I am so far very disappointed with my interactions with Aldi, contradictory information etc...

It seems I'm not the only one. There are messages all over Facebook & MSE forums. I was advised to log my findings here

update on my case:Parking Eye have now cancelled their invoice.