IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

excell parking fine

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    107K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I hope you put the POPLA code on the letter of appeal?

So why not just follow it up now with the POPLA form (keep a copy) and a copy of the letter from Excel, saying:

'This is further evidence re my POPLA appeal. I sent my letter of appeal re POPLA code xxxxxxxxxx in time on xx/7/13 (and the letter did quote the code) and have subsequently received a letter from Excel (copy attached).

Excel have sent this horrible scary red letter threatening me and demanding the money even though I have appealed already to POPLA and they have to stop all action until your decision is made. I wanted the adjudicator to be aware of this intimidating demand from Excel - and because of my illness I have been very emotionally upset by this - but I understand that it is a breach of the BPA Code of Practice so am trying not to let it concern me whilst I await your adjudication decision.

Also I realise that with my letter I may have omitted to include the covering POPLA form so here it is to match up with my appeal which was submitted in time to you.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • skye10skye10 Forumite
    30 Posts
    Yes I put my poplla number.....I am sending first class Monday with the reply you sent me thank you
  • MothballsWalletMothballsWallet Forumite
    15.8K Posts
    Forumite
    I wonder what the chances of the OP successfully suing Excel under the Equality and Protection from Harassment Acts would be?

These scum need to be punished.
  • kazz88kazz88 Forumite
    3 Posts
    Hi i recently got a ticket for parking in iceland car park. I parked on a sunday night at about 21.30. I thought that because it was a sunday and late night that they where unable to charge for parking and so did not purchase a ticket. iv now recieved a 60 pound fine in the post from excel parking. you cannot see from the pictures who was driving. But i want to know if its enforcable or not and if i should just ignore it. or should i write to them and say that i was not driving the car at the time. Please help and thank you for your time
  • zzzLazyDaisyzzzLazyDaisy Forumite
    12.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    kazz88 wrote: »
    Hi i recently got a ticket for parking in iceland car park. I parked on a sunday night at about 21.30. I thought that because it was a sunday and late night that they where unable to charge for parking and so did not purchase a ticket. iv now recieved a 60 pound fine in the post from excel parking. you cannot see from the pictures who was driving. But i want to know if its enforcable or not and if i should just ignore it. or should i write to them and say that i was not driving the car at the time. Please help and thank you for your time

Please start your own thread.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • kazz88kazz88 Forumite
    3 Posts
    Please start your own thread.

Sorry and thanx
  • skye10skye10 Forumite
    30 Posts
    Hi coupon.mad..I've been waiting on my appeal. I've just received email about the form I sent in without details .then I sent a second one in with full details and appeal.the email I received today is saying I must appeal again before august 30th.mmmm am I thick or is it not the 30th today..also says my case will be considered by the the appeal on Oct 6th...the they sent me a document to open but its not letting me on my email..I am getting so frustrated now that my family are getting worried I am cracking up with this illness.what do I need to do now...or pay the damm thing ..
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    107K Posts
    Forumite
    skye10 wrote: »
    Hi coupon.mad..I've been waiting on my appeal. I've just received email about the form I sent in without details .then I sent a second one in with full details and appeal.the email I received today is saying I must appeal again before august 30th.mmmm am I thick or is it not the 30th today..also says my case will be considered by the the appeal on Oct 6th...the they sent me a document to open but its not letting me on my email..I am getting so frustrated now that my family are getting worried I am cracking up with this illness.what do I need to do now...or pay the damm thing ..

Simply forward the email to the work or home email address of a family member or friend who has a PC which will open it there instead, so they can print the attachment for you to read.

It's possibly a POPLA form, in which case send a printed full copy of your appeal with that form BUT also with their email printed out, so POPLA can see it is NOT a new case but relates to one already received. Staple everything together if posting. No flimsy paper-clips!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi coupon-mad just to let you know I had nice email from popla saying they hsverecieved my second copy of my appeal and will be looked into on the or around 6th of Oct...they added ( hope this puts your mind at rest). So we wait and see now.thank you for your help so far.will be back with more details when I receive it
  • skye10skye10 Forumite
    30 Posts
    Good news I received a email from popla....saying I they have granted my appeal and no further action .....and excell. Have no case against me....thank you to coupon.mad ...
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs

MSE Deals