Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

Free Game of the Week: Chuckie Egg - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Free Game of the Week: Chuckie Egg

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
35 replies 47.3K views

Replies

• Where's the "how to play" instructions I've not played this before. I'm using the arrow keys but I don't know how to get up the stepped bit!
    Even a bargain costs money!
  • Where's the "how to play" instructions I've not played this before. I'm using the arrow keys but I don't know how to get up the stepped bit!

Space Bar to Jump!!!!
    Saving for a lovely summer holiday. Will it be Evesham or Egypt???
  • brilliant Martin. I remember playing this as a kid on my spectrum 48k - forgotten just how addictive it was thoughbiggrin.gif
  • lucinadlucinad Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    MBAM wrote: »
    Brings it all back when you had to wait 45 mins to load a game, only to find the volume on the casete player was not at the correct level!!!!!!
    ha ha ha yes exactly it was a nightmare...sometime you had to re load again as well as soon as you died (like 3 mins into game)!! arghhhhhhh. We had some that played the american national anthem whilst loading which was better than the random high pitched squeals other games made.
    February wins:
  • I cannot beleive how addictive this game is, stuck at Level 4 and driving me mad!! LOL - much better than the new stuff my kids play - although I'm still crap, at least I can understand this one - I feel a family tournament coming on this weekend!!

Think I will set myself up as the TimeWastingExpert - delete this link from my computer someone!!

Martin, this is NOT money saving! - I will need a cleaner, ironer and cook soon if I don't stop playing - LOL
  • Does anyone remember a game called Granny's Garden? It seem to remember it was on a floppy disc thing that you had to put in the machine and make sure the latch was down to hold it in!! That game was great!! Chucky egg is a great childhood favourite!
    Made it - 15 years married!! Finally!! xx:beer:
  • batvinkbatvink Forumite
    129 posts
    I'm officially a geek. I can remember the order in which you have to collect the eggs for the first four levels!

One thing to say to you Martin, and only those that played games when Chuckie first came out will understand it - 1 up!
    Thanks in advance,

Steve V
  • I remember this one, too. Unfortunately, not from my childhood!
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • MBAM wrote: »
    Brings it all back when you had to wait 45 mins to load a game, only to find the volume on the casete player was not at the correct level!!!!!!
    Great I STILL have an Acorn Electron AND this game, along with the classic Elite. I bought a special tape recorder wich had treble setting in addition to Vol control and that helped. mid you Elite too ages so equally miffed when it failed after 1 hour of loading! when fun time they were!
    Regular Moneysaver:money:
  • Thanking you muchly Sir ...