Opening a shop need advice :)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Small Biz MoneySaving
4 replies 752 views
LadypenelopeeLadypenelopee Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Small Biz MoneySaving
Hiya, my partner is a self employed tattoo artist, he currently rents a chair in a studio and does his tax return yearly. He is now in the process of opening up his own shop, he knows all about the health and safety side of things however, he is unsure whether he has to register his shop name?!? The national business register is saying it will cost £98..... Is this a scam or a legal requirement? We are totally confused... Someone plz help, any advice will be much appreciated, thank you :o

Replies

• paddyrgpaddyrg Forumite
    13.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a scam/highly spurious publication NOT a legal requirement
  • Go for it, while you are at it, please send me a cheque made payable to CASH.

Being serious, when I do company start-up's my clients get spammed to high heaven from the post, phone, email etc. The best investment you could make is a cheap shredder to ensure all business post that you don't use if filed in the shredder.

There is no such body as the National Business Register. The only body where you may wish to register the name is Companies House and that is only after you become a Limited Company.
  • podpersonpodperson Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scam, you would only need to legally register if you were setting up as a limited company.
  • podperson wrote: »
    Scam, you would only need to legally register if you were setting up as a limited company.

Register? With whom? If I read you correct you are saying you only have to register with this "national business register" mob if he were a limited company? That is what you are saying, is it?
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals