Daydream thread... without the rose-tinted specs - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

Daydream thread... without the rose-tinted specs

edited 16 June 2013 at 7:15AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
9.4K replies 364.9K views

Replies

• ItismehonestItismehonest Forumite
    4.4K posts
    :T:j:beer::j:beer::j:T Better days (I think LIR's predictive text had a Freudian moment ;) )

Tipple at the ready for completion :D
  • rhiwfieldrhiwfield Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Fingers crossed until completion, Better Days!

More weeding and apple pruning today, *##@@!£ wooly aphid back on my James Grieve, its a nightmare and so very very persistent :mad:
  • COOLTRIKERCHICKCOOLTRIKERCHICK Forumite
    10.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    COOL, So glad they are withdrawing it from the market, as some EA keep them on the market until the day of signing...

You were in a great position... no chain, so in theory should be done and dusted within 6 weeks, depending on how quick the solicitors work..

We showed one of our hippy friends the ranch today, and he said he would live there now.

I think half the problem is, we have a house we live in. maybe if we were living there, more might be done, well we def it would, as we wouldn't have the mortgage and running cost of this house... problem is kids will not move, and this house is in negative equity..also needs loads of work to make it rentable..

unless we find a family who are not too fussy:cool::rotfl:
    Work to live= not live to work
  • AlexeliseyAlexelisey Forumite
    392 posts
    YAY! Congrats Better Days!:beer::j:T

I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Then it'll be time to decide what to do with all that garden! How big is it, actually? It looks pretty decent :cool:
    "...And if it don't feel good, what are you doing it for?" - Robbie Williams - 'Candy'
  • lostinrateslostinrates Forumite
    55.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    COOL, So glad they are withdrawing it from the market, as some EA keep them on the market until the day of signing...

You were in a great position... no chain, so in theory should be done and dusted within 6 weeks, depending on how quick the solicitors work..

We showed one of our hippy friends the ranch today, and he said he would live there now.

I think half the problem is, we have a house we live in. maybe if we were living there, more might be done, well we def it would, as we wouldn't have the mortgage and running cost of this house... problem is kids will not move, and this house is in negative equity..also needs loads of work to make it rentable..

unless we find a family who are not too fussy:cool::rotfl:

I'd rent yours and tell the kids they have no choice. Seriously, why are they calling the shots?
  • Better_DaysBetter_Days Forumite
    2.7K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Alexelisey wrote: »
    YAY! Congrats Better Days!:beer::j:T

I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Then it'll be time to decide what to do with all that garden! How big is it, actually? It looks pretty decent :cool:

Thanks Alexelisey :)
    The whole plot is about a third of an acre and there is only a small garden at the front. By the time the sale goes through and the bungalow is made livable it will be autumn. So I will have all winter to plan what to do with the garden. But mustn't get ahead of myself 'many a slip' and all that.
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
  • alfie_1alfie_1 Forumite
    5.8K posts
    1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    well done better days :T:T

ide live in a tent as long as i had a bit of land ! in fact a teepee :D

ive been given a 1950's 60's little caravan [may have already said this....:p ] and now the trailers gone i may go fetch it ... if it doesnt fall apart enroute...:rotfl::rotfl:then start to restore it .

im def not going to scotland.....:( which is a mega poop but my balance makes it dodgy to do a 8/9 hour return drive. i suddenly get very "pithed" ;) and feel like im falling asleep...:rotfl::o

my new fella is still ticking boxes by the way....;) :D
  • RummerRummer Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    well done better days :T:T

ide live in a tent as long as i had a bit of land ! in fact a teepee :D

ive been given a 1950's 60's little caravan [may have already said this....:p ] and now the trailers gone i may go fetch it ... if it doesnt fall apart enroute...:rotfl::rotfl:then start to restore it .

im def not going to scotland.....:( which is a mega poop but my balance makes it dodgy to do a 8/9 hour return drive. i suddenly get very "pithed" ;) and feel like im falling asleep...:rotfl::o

Oh no, I was so hoping you could pop by on route :( maybe next time. I would love to see pics of the caravan, I am a huge fan of caravans and I would love a vintage one as a studio in the garden. There are quite a few inspirational blogs/websites of people that have restored caravans.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • luciellelucielle Forumite
    8.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fab news Better Days. Had DS1 in hospital today for follow up on his operation last year. Everything ok and goes back in 2 years time. He's getting a proper 6 pack from all the shearing!
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • COOLTRIKERCHICKCOOLTRIKERCHICK Forumite
    10.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alfie_1 wrote: »

is that what they call it these days;):D:D:D:D

so glad Alfie... now you know I have a caravan fetish:D I love them.. so pics would be nice.

LIR... I know I should, but I am just a push over when it comes to my boys... they are my babies, and allways will be. they are 17 and 18. One drives, the other one doesnt

Luceille.. good news about your son's check up:T
    Work to live= not live to work
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support