MSE News: Sky offers free broadband for sports subscribers

"Sky hits back against rival BT's move to offer free TV sport with its broadband..."
Read the full story:

Sky offers free broadband for sports subscribers

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• banger9365banger9365 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    what about people that do not like sports
    there or their,one day i might us the right one ,until then tuff

• mije1983mije1983 Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    banger9365 wrote: »
    what about people that do not like sports

It's in reaction to BT offering it's new BT Sport channels for free to it's broadband subscribers.

If people don't like sport then they are not likely to switch to BT for the free sports channels.
  • Burnley_LadBurnley_Lad Forumite
    275 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    The offer I have received doesn't quite match what is written in the article:

As a big thank you for being a Sky TV customer, we'd like to cut the cost of your Sky Broadband by half. You'll only pay £3.75 a month for a year when you agree to another 12 months of Sky Broadband Unlimited. That's £12 a month less than the standard cost of BT's equivalent broadband. You also need Sky Line Rental at £14.50 a month with Sky Talk.

So, not half price for switching to Sky Broadband, half-price for agreeing to agree to another 12-month contract.
  • VisionManVisionMan Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    The offer I have received doesn't quite match what is written in the article:

As a big thank you for being a Sky TV customer, we'd like to cut the cost of your Sky Broadband by half. You'll only pay £3.75 a month for a year when you agree to another 12 months of Sky Broadband Unlimited. That's £12 a month less than the standard cost of BT's equivalent broadband. You also need Sky Line Rental at £14.50 a month with Sky Talk.

So, not half price for switching to Sky Broadband, half-price for agreeing to agree to another 12-month contract.

They specifically mention BT? Ha ha ha! And didn't Sky say they regarded the new BT incursion as nothing more than an ESPN/Setanta/ITV Digital insignificance? Yeah.... right....

Ahh... Competition! :T
  • Will see how easy it is for current customers to get it....
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
    275 Posts
    I am confused now - the article linked to this thread appears to contradict itself.

In one sentence it states:

'TV customers with Sky Sports – whether existing or new – can get get a year's free Sky Broadband Unlimited ...... if they switch their broadband to Sky.'

And then later in the article it states:

'Existing Sky TV customers who switch to Sky Broadband Unlimited can get it half-price for 12 months, meaning it'll cost £3.75 a month.'

So, what's the offer for existing Sky TV customers switching to Sky Broadband - free or half-price?
    1.6K Posts
    I am confused now - the article linked to this thread appears to contradict itself.

In one sentence it states:

'TV customers with Sky Sports – whether existing or new – can get get a year's free Sky Broadband Unlimited ...... if they switch their broadband to Sky.'

And then later in the article it states:

'Existing Sky TV customers who switch to Sky Broadband Unlimited can get it half-price for 12 months, meaning it'll cost £3.75 a month.'

So, what's the offer for existing Sky TV customers switching to Sky Broadband - free or half-price?

The distinction is 'Sky Sports customers' - free and 'Sky TV customers' - half price.
  • penrhynpenrhyn Forumite
    15.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    So its Duck with Cherries, Duck with Orange or Duck Surprise.
    If you don't like Duck its just hard luck.

I only like Sports F1
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
    275 Posts
    Do you mean 'Sky TV customers' as in subscribers to Sky TV but not to a Sports package?

I am a 'Sky Sports customer', i.e I subscribe to a Sports Package, but I have only been offered half price.
    1.6K Posts
    Do you mean 'Sky TV customers' as in subscribers to Sky TV but not to a Sports package?

Yes, Burnley_Lad. Not straight forward is it?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs

MSE Deals