Why are people on the benefits forum so up themselves?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
31 replies 3.2K views
Elzmumof3Elzmumof3 Forumite
368 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
Seems it happens on 99% of the threads on here, there is always someone who has to be rude, disparaging, hostile or downright up their own a***s!

thought forums like these were meant for help, advice and support, NOT benefit bashing, slating others, and so on!
January Wins - Gangster Squad Goodies, Sun Lotion
February Wins - Wombles Goody Bag, Ideal Home Show Tickets, Lunch on Cruise Ship
March Wins - 2night family break to legoland, outfit from Kaleidoscope, Iron Cleaning Stck.
2013 aims - Ipad, Iphone, Family Holiday.

Replies

• edited 11 June 2013 at 7:14PM
    pmlindyloopmlindyloo Forumite
    13K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 June 2013 at 7:14PM
    Elzmumof3 wrote: »
    Seems it happens on 99% of the threads on here, there is always someone who has to be rude, disparaging, hostile or downright up their own a***s!

thought forums like these were meant for help, advice and support, NOT benefit bashing, slating others, and so on!

I so agree.

Whilst I can ignore most of the rubbish I hate the fact that I have spent time looking up information for someone and then it gets totally 'lost' in amongst the ranting.

Grrrrh!

By the way, any bets at how long it takes this thread to be removed to Discussion Time when other threads go off topic so frequently and stay on here forever!
  • getzlsgetzls Forumite
    761 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the people who are so up themselves don't think they are so up themselves.

I pity them.
  • Elzmumof3Elzmumof3 Forumite
    368 Posts
    pmlindyloo wrote: »
    I so agree.

Whilst I can ignore most of the rubbish I hate the fact that I have spent time looking up information for someone and then it gets totally 'lost' in amongst the ranting.

Grrrrh!

By the way, any bets at how long it takes this thread to be removed to Discussion Time when other threads go off topic so frequently and stay on here forever!

it wont be long before its moved! ah well, i just wanted to make a point!
    January Wins - Gangster Squad Goodies, Sun Lotion
    February Wins - Wombles Goody Bag, Ideal Home Show Tickets, Lunch on Cruise Ship
    March Wins - 2night family break to legoland, outfit from Kaleidoscope, Iron Cleaning Stck.
    2013 aims - Ipad, Iphone, Family Holiday.
  • 9312393123 Forumite
    290 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I agree...
  • RuthnJasperRuthnJasper Forumite
    4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, the Benefits Forum has a long history of attracting this sort of thing, whether it be the ever-present Billy-No-Mates trolls who enjoy winding up threads and posters, people who don't like the (sensible and correct) advice that they have been given and so turn on and abuse the advisor or people who believe that the world owes them a living and takes to the threads to vent their spleen.

It's a great shame, as pmlindyloo says, there are many genuine (and some also rather unhappy and desperate) appeals for help and advice, and also many MSE posters who are able to offer salient information and support - and these often do get lost among bad-tempered rants. A pity also, if the thread is subsequently deleted due to off-topic abuse, as the useful bits don't remain to be read by those in similar predicaments in the future.

I'm sorry for the ranty trolls in one way; they must be very lonely and unfulfilled if they need to post unpleasantness on generally useful forums in order to have their fun... :(
  • Own_My_OwnOwn_My_Own Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    Xmas Saver!
    Elzmumof3 wrote: »

Because it makes them feel better about their own sad life.
    Nanamia wrote: »
    OMO I think we are going to have to rename you Miss Linky you are amazingly organised. Thank you:)
  • bloolagoonbloolagoon Forumite
    8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It can be confusing when you see posts that contradict reality.

At times they ask how to cheat the system. Why should they be given help to be fraudulent?

A big one (like a thread today) is on why they don't live together if they get less benefits, this is like a red rag to a bull to people. It's clear they are a couple and they are really living together, if not, then at the very least they are not being fair to their children or partners by treating them so badly, they see them as less worthy than benefits.

Fraud appears more than people on here would ever like to admit, what surprises me is that people don't understand the reason why genuine claimants get a rough ride is the less genuine, yet they still support them.

Black and white is only a small part of life, we are mostly grey, yet some don't admit that this exists.
    Tomorrow is the most important thing in life
  • NeelienewNeelienew Forumite
    201 Posts
    This pathetic troll held up his hands and posted this.

I am posting all over this site. As it is I have two aliases on this and the D&D site, one on the Bankruptcy, one in the Banks and another on the DIY site!
    In fact many that have twigged this one are actually still replying to my others!
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals