American Express credit card offer

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
1 reply 612 views
kyrilokyrilo Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Last year I took Martin's advice and took out the Am Ex Platinum credit card which offered a 3% introductory offer for the first 3 months. I waited expectantly for the year to see my cash back but I was not given the introductory offer. You have to work out the percentages carefully because of the scale that they use. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. After complaining to Am Ex they said that I was not entitled to the offer, but if I had any paperwork that proved I was entitled, they would look into it again. Of course I don't have any paperwork! I am cross that they have misled me and I want to know if anyone else has had the same problem in receiving the offer. I reckon that they hope after a year you probably have forgotten all about it or can't be bothered to work it out! I have canceled my card with them in disgust!
angry-smiley-030.gif

Replies

• BokkensBokkens Forumite
    505 Posts
    Welcome to MSE.
    There is a American Express credit card forum and this matter has been aired many times so you may actually find the answer there give it a go.
    Personally I wouldn't have closed the card as there are other ways of getting one over a credit card company where you can use their money to your advantage.Have a look at stoozing.com for some revenge ideas good luck.
    Previously known as Bokken,registered at MSE in Nov 04,computer glich deleted my access but it is fun building up my stars from scratch,again.:D
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals