Travel to UUJ (University at Jordanstown) Help advise please

in N. Ireland
8 replies 3.8K views
Hello

I have an interview tomorrow at UUJ at 9.30am.

I don't have a car and the earliest I can get to Belfast is around 8.30.

Can anyone advise me of the best way to get to the university please.

My options are by train, one leaves Europa at 8.38, has me at Jordanstown stop at 9.03 but I still have to walk to the uni and I'm not sure how long that will take me all suited and booted (don't want to arrive all sweaty!!)

Or by bus namely the unilink (service 163) leaves Europa at 8.25, 8.35 or 8.40 ariving at 9.00, 9.10 and 9.15 respectively.

I don't know what roadworks or NIRailway maintanence is currently happening so don't know which is the best option to get me there on time, Can anyone please advise.

Many Thanks

Replies

• harpo1harpo1 Forumite
    161 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I think that the bus has the edge. Its about 20-25 min walk from the station to the admin block. The bus leaves you closer.
  • rachel_greenrachel_green Forumite
    153 Posts
    Are there any roadworks at the moment that would delay the bus?
  • Cooper18Cooper18 Forumite
    286 Posts
    ✭✭
    No help with the travel arrangements as I don't know the area - but would definitely advise you make sure you have a number to contact the panel if you are going to be delayed. I've sat on an interview panel before where 2 candidates were late. One phoned in and the other didn't. Suffice to say the one that phoned created a better impression than the one that didn't!

I'm sure there's a number on your paperwork somewhere.

Good luck.
  • unclehugounclehugo Forumite
    35 Posts
    There is major roadworks on the shore road at the moment outside the uni so I would try and get the earliest bus possible
  • sillsill Forumite
    145 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi was up at UUJ on Tuesday morning If you are mobile I would definitely opt for train the traffic was busy all the way up the Shore Road with the road works at junction .Sill
  • caz2703caz2703 Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Do the black taxis still run up that way from High Street direction? Not sure if that's an option but from my UUJ days, the walk from the train station would not have you arriving in the most presentable manner if that's how close the timings are. It's a good hike just to get to the campus from the station and another trek to get into the main buildings and that's assuming you're being interviewed at that end of the campus!

Good luck though :beer:
  • rachel_greenrachel_green Forumite
    153 Posts
    Thanks to all who replied, got the first uni link bus in and was there by about 8.40am.

After the interview don't think I'll be worrying about having to get there each day though!! ;)
  • duggan1duggan1 Forumite
    496 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks to all who replied, got the first uni link bus in and was there by about 8.40am.

After the interview don't think I'll be worrying about having to get there each day though!! ;)

Don't be so hasty. I just had a final interview this morning after a first one I thought was a disaster! Interview panels are often looking for more than simply 'correct' answers.

Good luck anyway!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide