anyone used animeddirect.co.uk?

in Pets & Pet Care
12 replies 2.3K views
I would like to buy some feliway and other products from animeddirect.co.uk but I'm not happy with their return policy (looks non compliant with DSR).
Anyone else used this website?
Are there any website with good prices and a legal return policy?

Replies

• gettingreadygettingready Forumite
    11.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, very good company, great prices, fast delivery
  • peachypricepeachyprice Forumite
    22.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, lots of times, very fast, great prices.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • peachypricepeachyprice Forumite
    22.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take it you're refering to the 'labelled' item returns?
    Medications are exempt from DSR, their policy is not illegal
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • I take it you're refering to the 'labelled' item returns?
    Medications are exempt from DSR, their policy is not illegal

Ok, thanks for clarifying, it looks like feliway could be returned then, I assume by labelled they intend proscription products.
    But it's not DSR that I'm worried about, strictly speaking, just the general attitude towards returns, as I would only return these products if they are not as described (unlikely to change my mind about a spray or some tablets because I don't like the colour....).
    I hardly ever return products anyway, but I never buy from websites that don't have a legal DSR policy.

But I've noticed they accept paypal, so that's sorted as with Paypal you can always return if the product is not as described.
    However if many people have used them and are happy with them, I doubt they are selling knock-off feliway, which was my worry considering how expensive the stuff is, probably more than vintage champagne...
  • I use them regularly, no complaints here, they also send you reminders when worming and flea treatments are due. Very happy to recommend them. hths
  • harrys_nanharrys_nan Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    and me, I'm very pleased with them :D
    Treat other's how you like to be treated.

Harry born 23/09/2008
    New baby grandson, Louie born 28/06/2012,
    Proud nanny to two beautiful boys :j
    And now I have the joy of having my foster granddaughter becoming my real granddaughter. Can't ask for anything better

UPDATE,
    As of today 180919. my granddaughter is now my official granddaughter, adoption finally granted
  • krlyrkrlyr Forumite
    6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have used them regularly too and no reason to believe they're not legit. I've ordered prescription-only products and they have checked that the prescription has been issued.
  • SadBunnySadBunny Forumite
    204 Posts
    Me too! My first choice - I think I've only ever found one item cheaper elsewhere - and free shipping on everything - so you only buy what you need as you need it. Pity they don't carry everything I want; but they did make a special order for me when I had trouble getting hold of something I needed.
    Apparently a few people have had problems with courier; but I've no hesitation in recommending them.
  • Iain_LIain_L Forumite
    151 Posts
    SadBunny wrote: »
    Me too! My first choice - I think I've only ever found one item cheaper elsewhere - and free shipping on everything - so you only buy what you need as you need it. Pity they don't carry everything I want; but they did make a special order for me when I had trouble getting hold of something I needed.
    Apparently a few people have had problems with courier; but I've no hesitation in recommending them.

I'd check the delivery charge though. I know that in big bold print they say "All UK mainland standard delivery is FREE of charge." but then they proceed to give a long list of postcodes that may incur an extra charge. For us, living on the UK mainland between Inverness and Aberdeen they want to charge £14 delivery on an item costing £22.99 - this is not good value, and if nothing else is immoral (verging on illegal I bet) advertising.

Iain
  • krlyrkrlyr Forumite
    6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iain_L wrote: »
    I'd check the delivery charge though. I know that in big bold print they say "All UK mainland standard delivery is FREE of charge." but then they proceed to give a long list of postcodes that may incur an extra charge. For us, living on the UK mainland between Inverness and Aberdeen they want to charge £14 delivery on an item costing £22.99 - this is not good value, and if nothing else is immoral (verging on illegal I bet) advertising.

Iain

But does post to your area count as 'standard' mainland deliver? I don't see it as immoral, its just normal advertising practice - to cram all the T+Cs into their main banner would be difficult and remove the quick 'punch' effect of it, they're designed to grab your attention and then make you look closer.

If it costs a company significantly more to post to certain areas then they need to recoup their costs somewhere. Some companies choose to charge a postage fee thy averages out over their highest and lowest costs, some will offer low/free postage for the majority and have to charge for the higher postage to allow them to do this. And some may recoup postage costs with higher product prices or other charges. They're a business afterall, their main aim is to make a profit not provide free/subsidised postage to absolutely everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides