Croatia from Belfast

in N. Ireland
7 replies 902 views
missmamissma Forumite
403 Posts
Hi

Thinking of Croatia as an option for a holiday in May just wondering if anyone has any experience of this? Would a week be long enough. Would not want to hire a car but would want good standard accomodation. Any experiences

Thanks

Replies

• NARNAR Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Croatia is a beautiful rugged country steeped in history. I was there many years ago when it was Yugoslavia, but a colleague in work was there last year and had a great holiday.
    A week will give you a flavour of the place but two weeks will give you a chance to explore Croatia properly.
  • I was in the Hotel Park in Dubrovnik with my wife in May 2011. We booked through Inghams and flew direct from Belfast. I would strongly recommend this hotel and an excursion to Montenegro is worthwhile.

Several years ago we were in Rabac and Umag. Rabac was a beautiful village but I would definitely not recommend Umag.
  • missmamissma Forumite
    403 Posts
    Thanks, wonder would the weather be risky in May. Is a week long enough and do you need a car, prefer not to hire a car on hols
  • NARNAR Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    From memory May should be 25 to 30 degrees. Me I would go two weeks and hire a car for one. Or go on a number of excursions if you don't want to drive, beautiful historic country.
  • Oh heck, we're going mid May, hope it's not quite that hot!!!
    If practice makes perfect, and nobody is perfect....................................
    Why practice!:T
  • NARNAR Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Oh heck, we're going mid May, hope it's not quite that hot!!!
    Sorry that is June temperatures, in May it should be 20 to 25 degrees.
  • budflybudfly Forumite
    84 Posts
    http://www.traveltalktours.com/croatia/tours/

I did this in 2011 and had a brilliant time. Great way to see the country.There were loads of different companies that offered these tours but this was the one we went with. Tended to be a younger crowd most were in thier early 30s but other sister ship had even younger boozy crowd. I asked the guide and she said people of all ages go on thier tours.Some of the other ships catered for older more refined tourists.

Might be worth looking into.Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News